Out of the loop | Golden Skate

Out of the loop

Belphe

Spectator
Hi everyone,

I'm returning to the sport after many years and am "out of the loop."
For instance, a few weeks ago I learned cotton laces aren't a thing but you can get a cotton poly blend. The available Ice Lights boot gloves for purchase seem to be leftover inventory so size L is no longer available in any color anywhere. What else has changed?
Also, is there a dedicated online market place for used accessories, or is it still just ebay and the like? The for sale forum here is all events.

Thanks!

B

Elija

On the Ice
There are many Facebook pages selling used gear. Not sure where you are located, but you could have a search if there is one in your country/area.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

For instance, a few weeks ago I learned cotton laces aren't a thing but you can get a cotton poly blend. The available Ice Lights boot gloves for purchase seem to be leftover inventory so size L is no longer available in any color anywhere. What else has changed?
Also, is there a dedicated online market place for used accessories, or is it still just ebay and the like? The for sale forum here is all events.

Thanks!

B
There was a thread last week about the new Edea-E skate guards that you might find interesting. Many of the people who responded said they preferred them over the kind that are hinged in the middle. I was a generation behind even those -- my battered vintage guards are the one-piece kind with a curve only at the front for the picks and a movable stretchy loop to pull over the back end wherever the back post comes on your blades. I've bought a pair of the new Edea ones, but still find myself more often reaching for the familiar old ones. There seems to be a general opinion that they're easy enough to take off, but more awkward to put on again when leaving the ice, and my pairs partner, who bought them at the same time I did, agrees.

And I had a stock of cotton laces bought when my skate shop had them on a clearance sale years ago. I don't adjust well to change. :(You may be more adaptable. Welcome back to the ice and have fun! :clap::hap10:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

B
A lot of people are using Derby Core laces these days. They stay pretty well.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

B
Etsy is a good place for accessories, especially boot covers. You can get neoprene ones from Edea, too, but I'm sure there will be a better choice on Etsy. If you can't find neoprene ones, just ask a maker of Lycra ones if they can do a custom order in neoprene.