Inoue/Baldwin 12
Alts
1st Marcoux/Buntin 11
2nd Ding/Ren 10
3rd Borzenkova/Chuvilaev 8

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
From what I've read on line...

They had a fall in the short, and that may be the source of injury. I'm disappointed too as I've really enjoyed watching them this season.

DG

Lotta

On the Ice
I love Zagorska and Siudek too! I'm so saddened that they withdrew. :(

Wow, Don and Hunt got it going on over there. :)

Who are Savchenko and Szolkowy? Did they come out of no where? Nothing against them but I wanted Don and Hunt to get a bronze. They are America's best hope for top contenders in future Pairs.

Really sad for Zand S. They are oldtimers and my heart always goes out to oldtimers. But they will be back for worlds.

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Who are Savchenko and Szolkowy? Did they come out of no where? Nothing against them but I wanted Don and Hunt to get a bronze. They are America's best hope for top contenders in future Pairs.

Joe

Savchenko used to skate with Stanislav Morozov; they represented Ukraine and finished 9th at the 01 Worlds, then Savchenko, much like Mikkeline Kierkgaard, went off to Germany to skate with Szolkowy. I think last season was the first season they were eligible to skate internationally for Germany. Apparently the pairs situation in Germany is much like the Dance situation here -- they have to import partners from someplace else. Given all the success the Germans enjoyed during the 70s and 80s -- mostly East Germany but West Germany was successful as well -- it's really odd how the overall program seems to have disintegrated over there.

I too would have liked to have seen Don & Hunt on the podium, but, on the other hand, to be perfectly fair about this -- Germany may well be the only country right now that needs a shot in the arm in Pairs even more than the US does! I was actually rather hoping that Scott & Dulebohn, having lost their National title and having less focus on them this season, would be able to rise to the occasion and try a comeback of sorts, but they seem to be losing even MORE ground, as they have steadily been doing for the last 4 seasons now. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last season together.

Vash01

Medalist
Savchenko & Morozov were a respectable pair at the 2002 Olympics. It seems she moved to Germany after that and found another partner. I am not aware of the reasons behind it. I thought they were getting better as a pair. It seems she is doing well with her new partner in Germany.

Vash