Pairs Short | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short

Kinga

Medalist
I liked M/T SP a lot. I thought I would cheer for them this season, but I absolutely hate their LP....

lmarie086

Medalist
Except for the twist, maybe? Aliona banged against Robin's shoulder. But otherwise they were very good today :agree:

Ah you're right. Other than that I say much improved over SA. Let's hope they can hold it together in the LP because their program is a thing of beauty-my fingers are crossed for them.

enlight78

Medalist
I love the lost in space program.It grows on me each time i see it. Makes be think of circus on ice.

berrycute

On the Ice
I love the lost in space program.It grows on me each time i see it. Makes be think of circus on ice.

Haha really? For a circus on ice I kinda think of "Baby Elephant Walk" or something...This Lost in Space thing isn't really music though. I think it kinda makes them look Euro-trashy. Me no like-y.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Haha really? For a circus on ice I kinda think of "Baby Elephant Walk" or something...This Lost in Space thing isn't really music though. I think it kinda makes them look Euro-trashy. Me no like-y.
well, it's something different. but it's the second time they compete against M/T who have really wonderful music, you can't help to do the comparison and so... S/S' short doesn't sparkle.

oleada

Record Breaker
To be quite honest, I do not like the Russian pair, I would have kept D/B in first, well perhaps second now after the German pair.

Really? I thought they were way over marked. Her posture is dreadful and her technique is quite awkward. He also had a mistake in their SBS jumps. Also, their music was quite bad and for a program called "4 Lamentations", she seemed quite happy during the whole thing.

For a pair that came out with such a bang last season, I'd expect a lot more improvement.

I thought that S/S and M/T were in a class by themselves. I'd have had M/T higher, especially compared to what the Canadians scored.

Tigger

Final Flight
Really? I thought they were way over marked. Her posture is dreadful and her technique is quite awkward. He also had a mistake in their SBS jumps. Also, their music was quite bad and for a program called "4 Lamentations", she seemed quite happy during the whole thing.

For a pair that came out with such a bang last season, I'd expect a lot more improvement..

And for a team that's still playing the catch up game thanks to all of the time off due to Craig's shoulder surgery and recovery during the off season, as well as dealing w/everything in between, they're doing outstandingly. I honestly thought we'd be lucky to even see them this season when I heard just how bad Craig's shoulder was.

But for them to be doing the Grand Prix *and* skating as well as they have been considering their rushed preparation time...There are teams out there that deserve the criticism of not being really ready at this point of the season, but Craig and Meagan aren't one of them.

Kypma

Final Flight
Slightly off topic, seeing as I have yet to watch the performances (I've only seen pictures), but is anyone reminded of Jessica Dubé's "Poème" SP dress when seeing Adéline Canac's SP dress this season? I think I read somewhere that Canac and Coia are training with Annie Barabé now, so maybe Adéline just borrowed one of Jessica's dresses...
Also, while on the topic of dresses, and sorry in advance for the off-topic, but is it me or are Jessica and Bryce reusing costumes for all of their programs this year?

Sorry for the tangent, and I hope to be able to watch the programs soon. I wasn't too fond of Savchenko and Szolkowy's SP when I watched Skate America, I'll see if it's better here. Also, about Meagan and Craig, well... I hope to see them continue improving :) and show us what's they're able to do, when they're not struggling with catching up, or injuries... so, probably later in the season.

-Kypma

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
yeah, I hate s&s's porgram, but happy they are ahead of the russians. I think they were shocked into training harder after being behind after the short @ SA.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm disappointed with this SP result since I am a huge fan of Mukhortova and Trankov's mesmerizing short program and here it was pristine clean, just as it was at Skate America. I would have placed them first, but It appears their PCS are down because of their past inconsistencies. Hopefully, not being in first will place less pressure on them in the LP and they can skate with more freedom and less expectations. I hope they can rebound strongly from their disappointment in the Skate America LP and be proud of their LP skate here at TEBC.:love:

I love Savchenko and Szolkowy's LP and look forward to seeing it again. They are understandably the favorites here.:bow:

Yay for Duhamel and Buntin! :clap: I really hope they maintain a place on the podium!

:cry: for Vise and Trent.

Kasey

Medalist
I'm disappointed with this SP result since I am a huge fan of Mukhortova and Trankov's mesmerizing short program and here it was pristine clean, just as it was at Skate America.

This is my favorite pair team, currently, but they had a few little problems here. Maria landed a little forward, off balance looking on her triple toe, and the triple twist was not fully rotated before the catch. But still, to be less than half a point behind on the Germans technically is a huge thing, and a sign that they are being still a bit robbed on the PCS.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to have a gush moment! :laugh::love: Maxim was SO CUTE AND HOT looking through the magazine in the kiss and cry. His smile and eyes and hair, heck, everything about him, is so dreamy to me.:love::bow::biggrin:

It was so funny when Masha smiled and sort of petted him when he was looking at the magazine and the audience had a chuckle watching him on the monitor. :laugh:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
This is my favorite pair team, currently, but they had a few little problems here. Maria landed a little forward, off balance looking on her triple toe, and the triple twist was not fully rotated before the catch. But still, to be less than half a point behind on the Germans technically is a huge thing, and a sign that they are being still a bit robbed on the PCS.

I love this team too! I have to agree that it was not as good as Skate America. It didn't seem to 'flow' as much here. I still love this program to bits though. I could watch it all day long!:love:

I hope they can catch up in the PCS area too! They are so talented!!!