Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

herios

Medalist
Man..it sounds like the Last 2 groups were really exciting. Stupid time differences *shakes fist*

Congrads to the top 6!! I hope the LP skating will be just as great.
Meanwhile, any vid links would be much appreciated XD

There are at least 3 teams who sketed their BEST SP EVER, and that is why they stay 1, 2, 3 right now.
Muk / Tra close to their Euros SP as well. Just unison problems for Pang / Tong pushed them down to 5th, The Ukrainians and D/D had some jump problems, Duhamel and Buntin also clean sent to 8th.

You cannot ask for more. (well you could at least the US champs not to fal)l, but this is their first worlds, I will give them a break for now.

hongligl

Final Flight
OMG, that was the best SP competition I ever saw! Great top 6, +M/B, Enjoyed them all!Well worth the loss of sleep:)

Last edited:

i love to skate

Medalist
Didn't they only just semi-learned triple twist?

Anyway, I think they need a complete makeover. Change the coach, visit the nearest Virgin megastore (and stay away from Coldplay/Nickeback sale stand).

Even though people hate K/S around here, I admire their determination and hard work. That team progressed so much and always ups the difficulty unlike D/D.

You say D/D don't up their difficulty, however in the past two years they have added the throw triple lutz instead of the triple salchow and upgraded their double twist to a triple. They also added difficulty to their spins. How is that not adding difficulty? Dube and Davison have had an off year and pretty much struggled at every competition (except Four Continents). I hope they come out with an amazing long tonight. I also hope Duhnamel and Buntin can move up so we get those three spots for next year!

Medusa

Record Breaker
From icenetwork
"It was a clean skate, we have been skating the short program clean all season. For us it was good," Trankov said. "We want to stay close to the Chinese couples and the German couple. They are the leaders for us and this is a big step ahead."
Trankov being priceless once again, it's absolutely amusing. He has been beaten by K/S the entire season and simply can't accept it.

I love both couples, with the sentimental edge to K/S, and those little quips here and there (mostly by "tall, dark and handsome") are just cute.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From icenetwork

Trankov being priceless once again, it's absolutely amusing. He has been beaten by K/S the entire season and simply can't accept it.

I love both couples, with the sentimental edge to K/S, and those little quips here and there (mostly by "tall, dark and handsome") are just cute.

TDH can quip all he wants.;):love: The truth is K/S and M/T have almost always been extremely close points-wise and/or placements-wise. There were only fractions of 1 point separating their medals at Europeans this year. Last season M/T won the silver and K/S won bronze at Euros. They were 5th and 6th at the GPF. It's widely known that the German team and the Chinese teams are regarded as the favorites in pairs. I think that's what Max is emphasizing. I'd :love: to see the Russians shake things up . . . they certainly have all the potential to do so. The LP will tell the tale; hopefully, it's a happy one. :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
TDH can quip all he wants.;):love: [...] I'd :love: to see the Russians shake things up . . . they certainly have all the potential to do so. The LP will tell the tale; hopefully, it's a happy one. :)
Of course TDH can quip all he wants, I simply love it. I would love it even more if tall, brunette and pretty would start to quip back here and there - but you never hear anything from him about this.

And yes, the Euros podium in any order please as the final result!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course TDH can quip all he wants, I simply love it. I would love it even more if tall, brunette and pretty would start to quip back here and there - but you never hear anything from him about this.

A TDH and TBP quip fest, I :love: it! C'mon guys, take a cue from Alexei & Evgeni, Johnny & Evan, or Brian & Patrick. :p:rofl:

Now if only the two of them could form a pairs team, I'd be in love. Blades of Glory, here we come! :clap::rock::bow::chorus:

Oh yes, I so agree! I love all 3 Euros teams!! :love::bow:

Medusa

Record Breaker
A TDH and TBP quip fest, I :love: it! C'mon guys, take a cue from Alexei & Evgeni, Johnny & Evan, or Brian & Patrick. :p:rofl:

Now if only the two of them could form a pairs team, I'd be in love. Blades of Glory, here we come! :clap::rock::bow::chorus:
Two problems with TDH/TBP pairs team: who does the lifts? TDH is taller but leaner - so guess they weigh the same. Might be a bit of a problem.

Second problem: TDH would probably start beating TBP up - and we can't allow that to happen to TBP!

----
I am going to rewatch the SP now on German Eurosport... :yes: This probably looks so much better in HD!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two problems with TDH/TBP pairs team: who does the lifts? TDH is taller but leaner - so guess they weigh the same. Might be a bit of a problem.

Second problem: TDH would probably start beating TBP up - and we can't allow that to happen to TBP!

----
I am going to rewatch the SP now on German Eurosport... :yes: This probably looks so much better in HD!

I could see Sasha lifting and throwing Max. Trankov would definitely be the deserving attention wh0re :love: with the more flashy choreography and ice presence of the two.

So they'll have a Babs/Maurizio love-hate relationship, and they will both need helmets on the ice, for sure. I'll take it to see the 2 of them together. Let's get voidy! Imagine Trankov's DEATH STARE!! Oh, the possibilities! :love::p

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
I was at the Pair's SP - (first Worlds in 16 years!), and a lot of people in the arena were talking afterwards about the Zhangs' program being their favorite - there was something really captivating about their program and about K/S' (which I found magical). Top 3 all earned well-deserved standing O's - tonight made me remember why I used to love skating so much - (I haven't followed it closely for the last 10 years). I was most looking forward to M/T's program, but although they skated it well, it just draw in the audience the way the top 3 did.

Well I have to say taht for the first time I saw real emotion in the Zhangs, even though my feed is not crystal clear, I saw a smile in Hao's face, and Dan just looked so great(I hope they have been talking to Shen and Zhao hehehe for advice). The got the standing O, so I was happy for them because they have the technical goods, and I give them a second congrats because they kept their sbs spins in synch!! I also loved K/S, and I confess I usually didn't like their programs, but the swan really suits them and it was awesome (she was surprise to be in 1st place). The other russian pair was also very good (M/T right), I really though they were very good too.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
K/S were great, they had much more harmony than usual. I won't even go on about S/S - they were just skating on another planet! I think that P/T were undergraded though.

lcd

Match Penalty
Interesting to see how the Chinese teams are continuing to try to go beyond their 'technical/acrobatic" fortes, through work with Kawahara, Shpilband/Zoueva. I think LA Miller did great things for Shen/Zhao.

Kinga

Medalist
Great great SP!
For the first time I enjoyed Z/Z and K/S (finally nice costumes for K/S). I love M/T SP, but they performed it much better earlier in the season.
I still hate HORRIBLE positions in the lifts from chinese girls. They should learn from Keauna and Tatiana!
V/M doomed... :( When he did everything just fine, she made mistakes :(

D/D higher PCS is probably because they won the bronze last year? V/M did really badly at worlds last year. It's too bad they'll be leaving Steuer soon. He really did a great job with them.

I :love::love::love: their triple twist! Their lifts are so amazing too.

Why are they leaving Steuer???????????? Is it certain??

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by mycelticblessing
D/D higher PCS is probably because they won the bronze last year? V/M did really badly at worlds last year. It's too bad they'll be leaving Steuer soon. He really did a great job with them.

I their triple twist! Their lifts are so amazing too.

Why are they leaving Steuer???????????? Is it certain??
That's the first I've heard of it, why would they do such a thing? They look so much better this season!

I had a friend over to watch the SPs on the Eurosport taped coverage. She was very impressed with most of the guys' looks :biggrin:, and had no trouble figuring out what scores were good and how to differentiate between the good and the great. And we played fashion police, which is always fun!

I love the Zhang's SP this season. I never would have thought they had it in them.

gold12345

Medalist
That's the first I've heard of it, why would they do such a thing? They look so much better this season!

I thought the comment about leaving Steuer soon was made just because Morozov is already 30, not because there is any actual information swirling around that they are planning to retire soon.

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Just wondering if there was any pairs SP coverage on the main CBC network? I was expecting last night's broadcast to be mainly pairs SP coverage with maybe one or two compulsory dances, but it turned out to be almost entirely CDs with lots of event preview fluff beforehand. And tonight's main CBC network broadcast is supposed to be men's SP and pairs LP.

I know I can see the pairs SP on certain other sites, but I'm just curious as to whether the main CBC network chacked it and why?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh: Sandra is so silly! After over-hyping McLaughlin/Brubaker as the best pairs team in the world and world medal contenders at Nationals, now in the taped coverage of the Worlds SP she is saying they need more time to mature and be completely ready to challenge at an event like Worlds or the Olympics. Now she is saying to be on the look out for them in 5 years, probably not next year. She even called them "babies." :rolleye:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say I'm shocked Oxygen is providing us with coverage of the SPs from the 3rd best Canadian and 3rd best Chinese teams. So often the lesser known skaters have been completely ignored in US broadcasts. This is pretty impressive!

oxade21

Match Penalty
I must say I'm shocked Oxygen is providing us with coverage of the SPs from the 3rd best Canadian and 3rd best Chinese teams. So often the lesser known skaters have been completely ignored in US broadcasts. This is pretty impressive!

Well, let's hope it bring more audience than Bad Girls Club re-runs:)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Keauna was on the verge of tears being interviewed backstage. I feel bad for her, and I'm sure having to replay what happened to the media must be hard for someone so young. (((Hugs, Keauna))).