death spiral - okay with change of arms
sbs spin - nice - good unison
lift - a little slow
pair spin - with change of direction

they are pumped!

Medusa

Record Breaker
was the twist downgraded?
That is what I am thinking - can they downgrade a twist? It was a really really bad twist, worst then their normal bad twist.

Maks and Masha were sublime!

69.62!!!

I bet now they hope they had a better LP...

Last edited:

marc2000

Rinkside
looks like they will be in the top three.

It appears that the top three will skate the long close together but miles ahead of the restof the field.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES!!! Masha & Max were superb! Could not have skated better! I am so captivated by their beauty and passion. They have owned this SP all season long . . . wonderful! Should go into 1st, but I don't know about this judging panel.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Murkhortova/Trankov was very good and clean. They go in 1st with 69.62 :love: The danish commentators loved them...and so did I!!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm surprised that M/T didn't break 70 with that exquisite performance. Oh well . . . I'm thrilled they are in 1st. If they skate this way at Worlds, they could win the SP there or at the very least be top 3 in the SP at Worlds. YAY!:bow:

Medusa

Record Breaker
It's really interesting, M/T got less PCS than K/S - K/S needs to fix that Twist! It's not huge problem in the LP because they often have a cushion called double-footed 4S. But in the SP it is a problem. They scored about 65 at Canada too, the skate at Canada was about as good as this one.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's a new rule that just started this season, unfortunately. Canadians Duhamel/Buntin also fell victim to the 2 points deductions when they had to stop their LP at TEB when she cut his hand with her blade while stroking backwards. It's a new stupid rule from the ISU.
It's a very stupid new rule. I can understand punishing skaters for something they do wrong but how is equipment failure her fault? I'm sure she laced her skates properly. Not to mention if they stop to deal with an injury, like D/B. The ISU should change it back.

Kawaguchi/Smirnov goes in 2nd with 65.38. The danish commentators was sure of that they would go in first....
I had the feeling they wouldn't overtake the Germans. Somehow it just seemed to me like it wasn't as sublime as Chris and Nicky thought it was.

I hate Kawaguchi/Smirnov's costumes. I really do. I get that she's supposed to resemble a swan but she's a woman, not a child, and that outfit is not working. His looks decidedly un-swanlike. These are two good looking people, skating a lovely program, and they can look much better than they do in those things.

Maks and Masha were sublime! 69.62!!!

I bet now they hope they had a better LP...
I'm surprised that M/T didn't break 70 with that exquisite performance. Oh well . . . I'm thrilled they are in 1st. If they skate this way at Worlds, they could win the SP there or at the very least be top 3 in the SP at Worlds. YAY!:bow:
They were awesome. Other than another bizarre outfit - why is she wearing a flesh colored thing with sparklies? - it was gorgeous. They should absolutely have gone past 70. And I'm not even a fan, normally.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am not ready to be happy for M&T just yet. In the GP, they haven't done too well with being in the lead after SP, I think it psyches out Max too much. I can hope, though.

They were awesome. Other than another bizarre outfit - why is she wearing a flesh colored thing with sparklies?
It symbolizes a butterfly. The program is about a butterfly's guardian angel - he protects her throughout the program, but she still dies in his hands at the end. Here is an interview where they talk about their costumes - http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/38482.html.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Off topic:

Of that rule of stopping your program and then continuing,
I remember a FS of Abitol (sp)/Bernadis from the '97 Trophee Lalique where one of them fell hard on the stomach on a 2Axel. They stopped, took a breath and I can't really remember if they were allowed to start over. I do know that they skated better than before the fall.
Does anyone have that video ?

Back to topic: Go Masha and Max !!! :clap: (and fortheloveofgawd skate a clean long...)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader.

Great night of pairs skating. Delighted for M/T they were brilliant, should have been 70+. Fingers crossed they can hold it together for long, they seemed so happy in the K&C.

Would have K/S in second, followed by S/S. I am not a fan of their short programme, personally I think it was overmarked. Dissappointed for V/M, to far back to make the podium.

Was really impressed with I/M also liked both French couples, the two British couples, the second Germans and the Italians who skated to Bolero. The standard surprised me.

Looking forward to the free skate.