Patrick Chan's Plans after the Olympics | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan's Plans after the Olympics

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I heard Patrick Chan interviewed on the CBC by Scott Russell and Patrick is now residing in Vancouver, BC - where the 2010 Olympics were. His plans include building a Figure Skating School for local talent. I know he talked about this before, so will be interesting to see if this happens. He says it would be great to develop more BC skaters for competing. I agree, most of our competition come from from Ontario or Quebec.

Here is the interview

https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/inter...he-method-the-madness-and-strategy/index.html

mrrice

Record Breaker
You can tell that he's proud of that team gold medal and he should be. I traveled a lot during my career and if you've seen my posts, you know how much I love Patrick. I wish he could have medaled as an individual but, I think he, and the rest of the team are very happy to have won the team gold..

keasus

On the Ice
You can tell that he's proud of that team gold medal and he should be. I traveled a lot during my career and if you've seen my posts, you know how much I love Patrick. I wish he could have medaled as an individual but, I think he, and the rest of the team are very happy to have won the team gold..

I hope Patrick coaches. I would love to see a new generation who can skate with fluidity, deep edges, and beautiful line, and he's the perfect person to teach it.

Edited to add musicality.

gottadance

On the Ice
I heard Patrick Chan interviewed on the CBC by Scott Russell and Patrick is now residing in Vancouver, BC - where the 2010 Olympics were. His plans include building a Figure Skating School for local talent. I know he talked about this before, so will be interesting to see if this happens. He says it would be great to develop more BC skaters for competing. I agree, most of our competition come from from Ontario or Quebec.

Here is the interview

https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/inter...he-method-the-madness-and-strategy/index.html

sorry if I missed this somewhere but I know PC is retiring but is it effective immediately or will he still go to Worlds. If he isnt going to worlds does Nam take his place?

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I don't think he will be at Worlds. I think the Olympics were Patrick's "swan song". Likely it will be Nam to take his place and Keegan Messing will be there I'm sure

Weathergal

Medalist
I don't think he will be at Worlds. I think the Olympics were Patrick's "swan song". Likely it will be Nam to take his place and Keegan Messing will be there I'm sure

Too bad Canada doesn't have three spots. It would be nice to Kevin Reynolds there one more time.

rain

Record Breaker
I hope Patrick coaches. I would love to see a new generation who can skate with fluidity, deep edges, and beautiful line, and he's the perfect person to teach it.

Edited to add musicality.

If he can teach his skating skills to just a few young skaters, the whole sport will be the better for it.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Patrick will not be going to Worlds, the Olympics were his last eligible competitive skate.

He has been working on his Skating School in BC and also has received his real estate license.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Something about hearing Patrick is going to be in Vancouver offers me some comfort in the face of his retirement given I'll be there for the GPF in December. Hopefully he'll be mingling...

UnChosen

On the Ice
Patrick will not be going to Worlds, the Olympics were his last eligible competitive skate.

He has been working on his Skating School in BC and also has received his real estate license.

I will just pretend I never saw that because just mentioning real estate in the same sentence as BC/Vancouver is enough to give many Canadians nightmares right now and I don't want one of my favourite skaters to be tainted by stereotypical reputation of that industry right now.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I would love to have Chan teach the fundamentals - edgework, power, and position. He can even teach the spins and the jumps (so long as it's not the Axel please).

emma

Record Breaker
I am so glad we skating fans were able to enjoy what Patrick brought to skating for as long as we did; for me, as a huge fan, his basic skating skills have always given me chills and the thought that he might create a place where others can learn this and learn from him makes me so, so happy! I guess I am excited for the next chapter/or volume 2 even if I might wish for a bit more from part 1.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I will just pretend I never saw that because just mentioning real estate in the same sentence as BC/Vancouver is enough to give many Canadians nightmares right now and I don't want one of my favourite skaters to be tainted by stereotypical reputation of that industry right now.

Then maybe take that up with Patrick since it is his life choice and not mine. :shrug:

Diahpam

Rinkside
Bye chiddy!! Hope everything woukd works out for you! Thank you v much for your brilliance ss!!

charlotte14

Medalist
He can become a great one, and help us skating fans.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Then maybe take that up with Patrick since it is his life choice and not mine. :shrug:

I think Unchosen was just making a joke. Yes, it's true the real estate business here in BC particularly the Vancouver/lower mainland area is a sensitive topic. It literally costs "an arm and a leg" to buy a place here. It's interesting that Patrick would get a real estate license, but maybe he needs funding to start his skating school? I'm sure it will cost a pretty penny to get off the ground. I wish him the best and hope it happens.