Petition to Reject Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress | Golden Skate

Petition to Reject Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Petition to Reject Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress

Petitioning ISU Figure Skating Federations and Associations
Reject ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress.

Sign the petition at Change.org and email a copy of the link or entire petition to your Federation/Association email address among the list of ISU Member Nations at the petition bottom.

neraiselle

On the Ice
Reject ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress.

Sign the petition at Change.org and email a copy of the link or entire petition to your Federation/Association email address among the list of ISU Member Nations at the petition bottom.

Many thanks for it. I'm going to sign up now.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any chance we can get people with multiple GS accounts to sign it multiple times<:slink:> ....just saying.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Appealing directly to the voters within each member nation is actually the most important part. ISU Congress needs to deny Cinquanta and start voting for what will help the sport.

Mafke

Medalist
Is there any sign he wants to continue this after worlds?

IOW was this a distraction for the WC (to get people's minds off Sochi) or is it something he seriously wants to pursue?

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Mafke, Cinquanta sent these proposals by letter to all ISU Office holders, committees and member representatives. He is seriously recommending these idiotic proposals. To answer your other question, at the last Council vote he violated the ISU constitution by getting an extension past the stated age limit to hold the office of ISU President. He will remain in office until 2016.

Regarding this petition, it is vital that everyone not only sign the petition, but to copy/paste either the link to the petition site or the entire petition body into an email via the appropriate hyperlinked Federation/Association email address that is listed below the petition and send to their nation's ISU NGB. This petition is not addressed to the ISU but their member representative NGBs. Thanks!

Mafke

Medalist
I dunno, if it leads to the destruction of the ISU (and the formation of a figure skating only organization) then why should I oppose it?

He's wrecking the ISU as a viable organization and that's overall, probably a good thing.

phaeljones

On the Ice
I dunno, if it leads to the destruction of the ISU (and the formation of a figure skating only organization) then why should I oppose it?

He's wrecking the ISU as a viable organization and that's overall, probably a good thing.

It will be much more difficult to revive skating as a sport if these dictums are passed through than it will if they do not, with or without Speedy and the ISU. (imho) This petition is very important.

post edit: I just signed the petition. The petition is easy to read, and very easy to sign.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I also signed it. But at this rate we need more than just thousand of signature. We need millions. :slink:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Ottavio is quite simply the Barbara Walters of figure skating: out of it yet still given too much leverage in his/her field.

I wasn't going to say he's quite possibly senile but then I saw him at the worlds dance ceremony giving Kaitlyn Weaver the WRONG medal and didn't even realize what was going on (and quite frankly the woman tasked with the job wasn't paying attention either) and my mind was made up from there on.

I think we should start a separate petition calling for someone else as president. It won't directly affect the presidency but it could send the ISU a message. How about Gwendal Peizarat for president? Skip the French skating feds and just head the whole darn thing worldwide.

Jump

Rinkside
I also signed it. But at this rate we need more than just thousand of signature. We need millions. :slink:

I seem to remember millions of signature at change.org for the Soshi result. How did that work out?

Meoima

Match Penalty
I seem to remember millions of signature at change.org for the Soshi result. How did that work out?
Korean people care for Kim's gold rather than figure skating, anti-Russian trends from all over the world?

cooper

Medalist
Korean people care for Kim's gold rather than figure skating, anti-Russian trends from all over the world?

and yet it didn't change anything..

i agree with bop.. speedy doesn't care if this petition reached 1 million or 10 million.. as long as the people within the ISU keep on ignoring the real issue speedy will smile while watching the sunset and just drink wine until he retires.. :rolleye:

Mafke

Medalist
speedy will smile while watching the sunset and just drink wine until he retires.. :rolleye:

Surely not. He clearly sees himself as "president for life" like some third world dictator.

The only way to get rid of him is for the ISU itself to go under..... I'm hoping he gets his way.

cooper

Medalist
Surely not. He clearly sees himself as "president for life" like some third world dictator.

The only way to get rid of him is for the ISU itself to go under..... I'm hoping he gets his way.

unfortunately no one has the balls within the ISU to say speedy should resign..

Pepe Nero

On the Ice

Would the OP mind sharing the reasons why people should sign this petition?

I'm not sure there is any evidence in history that petitions do any good, though they sure make relatively lazy agitators feel self-satisfied (in the absence of meaningful action).

I have no opinion on Cinquanta. Should I attribute the problems of figure skating to him? Why?

Kelly Lynn

Rinkside
Cinquanta never should have appointed to this position. I believe he was a relative the of IOC President. It was a very unpopular choice at the time and has been unhelpful if not disastrous for figure skating. Signing petitions may mostly be ineffective but it is more effective than doing nothing.