PJ's Latest List-Top 10 Ladies Performances | Page 2 | Golden Skate

PJ's Latest List-Top 10 Ladies Performances

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
She hates Morosov's choreography, generally. I don't think she knows who Kawahara is. Zoueva would be a top pick, however. I think Dean would sneak in somewhere as well.

if she knows Scott Hamilton she knows Sarah Kawahara, the two go hand in hand...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Clearly revealing my own lack of knowledge there - but I will point out that Hamilton did miss her top ten men list, and I do feel that Dean and Zoueva would make the list before Kawahara. But still, total egg on face here.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Clearly revealing my own lack of knowledge there - but I will point out that Hamilton did miss her top ten men list, and I do feel that Dean and Zoueva would make the list before Kawahara. But still, total egg on face here.

Kawahara has gotten two Emmy's for her choreography (Scott Hamilton's Upside Down and the 2002 Olympic Opening Ceremonies), she also choreographed for Kwan's 2001/2002 programs (including fields of gold) and IIRC she's Canadian or at the very least skated in Toller Cranston's shows before turning full time choreographer.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Sad she would leave out Chen's performance at the 96 Worlds which many thought should have beaten Kwan's in fact, and most consider one of the most artistic skates of all time. Funny she counts Chen's performance at the 98 Olympics which was nowhere near as good.
It was so difficult, Kwan or Chen in 1996. It must have been very close. I would have said yes to either. I think Kwan's interpretation, skating skills jumps were astoundingly good. Lu Lu was a woman skating, with the teenager dressed as famous woman.

Chen's bronze was very moving and as such made PJ 's list of some gut wrenching performances. Her criteria was what moved her most. Great list PJ!

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Why does anyone pay attention to this ridiculous "journalist"? Seriously, Canadians. Ignore, she will go away. Can someone remind me what her credentials to make public judgments about such matters are? Canada has had lots of great figure skaters. But these lists seems almost random. What is her authority?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Why does anyone pay attention to this ridiculous "journalist"? Seriously, Canadians. Ignore, she will go away. Can someone remind me what her credentials to make public judgments about such matters are? Canada has had lots of great figure skaters. But these lists seems almost random. What is her authority?

These are more like editorial articles. She's a Canadian Phil Hersch or Christine Brennan.