Princess Johnny | Golden Skate

Princess Johnny

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I love it! Did anybody else happen to catch his little shoulder sashay to the camera at the end of the short program last night as he was leaving the arena? :love:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
FreeKatie said:
I love it! Did anybody else happen to catch his little shoulder sashay to the camera at the end of the short program last night as he was leaving the arena? :love:

I did. ;)

I can't wait for Johnny's "tell all" book. Hopefully that will be awhile in coming as I hope he is competing for many more years.

DG

Frau Muller

Final Flight
FreeKatie said:

That had me chuckling!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He's still so young, yet he's already given us so many wonderful 'Johnny Moments'! The absolute best, though, was his answer to Peter Carruthers' 'duh!'-style question at Nationals: "Johnny, you're first in the short program. What are you going to do between now & Friday's long program?" Johnny deadpanned: "I'm going to DisneyWorld." :rofl:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
FreeKatie - Yep, and I was wondering if anyone else caught it.

I remember saying to myself "Now there's a saucy wench!" I could see him clutching his mink to his breast as he walked out of the areana - it was a very Fellini moment. :p and I swear I don't mean to pigeonhole the man, but let's face it, Johnny could very well be part of the Fab Five!

Or would that make it the Sensational Six?

Tenorguy

Johar

Medalist
FreeKatie said:

He so reminds me of that Mango character on Saturday Night Live!:rofl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is an article in our Omaha paper that just cracked me up. The title of the article is Russia's Iceman. There is a huge picture of Plushenko and goes on to describe the Men's SP. It describes Johnny in second place and talks about Johnny being dressed like a duck. :laugh: :laugh: I thought that was priceless. Little did they know how strong some of our feelings are for Camille (she ain't no duck!!!!) :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
There is an article in our Omaha paper that just cracked me up. The title of the article is Russia's Iceman. There is a huge picture of Plushenko and goes on to describe the Men's SP. It describes Johnny in second place and talks about Johnny being dressed like a duck. :laugh: :laugh: I thought that was priceless. Little did they know how strong some of our feelings are for Camille (she ain't no duck!!!!) :laugh: :laugh:

Dee
Dee - If a link is available please provide. How can they confuse a duck for a swan????? :rofl:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

millie

Medalist
Johnny was on the Today Show with Matt this morning. Matt thanked Johnny for taking time out of his practice to talk to him. Johnny gave a very nice down to earth interview. His mother, father, Grand Ma and brother were there watching the interview. He said that this is the first time his Dad and brother ever saw him compete in a live competition. He said that he didn't care if he wins a medal, he is there just to skate his best. He more or less said that he doesn't care what people say about him and that he wasn't a puppet for the USFA. He mentioned that people are trying to shut him up for what he said in his interview about drugs. Matt seemed to be impressed with him. Matt brought up the subject about Michelle and Emily and the media. He said that it didn't bother him, let them have the media, more or less.

Go Johnny!!! Can't wait for your book to come out.:rock: :rock:

Oh I forgot, Matt mentioned his SP costume. Johnny said he loves frills and feathers. Matt had a great laugh with him.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Herm, I did look this morning but I couldn't find on line and it is not listed in the Omaha paper. Just prior to posting I went to look for the paper here at work and that section is missing. I will continue to look. I wanted to type just excerpts from it and post.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
millie said:
Johnny was on the Today Show with Matt this morning. .
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Millie, I would have loved to have seen that interview. I am so keeping my fingers crossed for Johnny and I just think Matt is the best. Maybe it's on their site. I'll go look.

Dee

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tenorguy said:
I remember saying to myself "Now there's a saucy wench!" I could see him clutching his mink to his breast as he walked out of the areana - it was a very Fellini moment. :p and I swear I don't mean to pigeonhole the man, but let's face it, Johnny could very well be part of the Fab Five!
Or would that make it the Sensational Six?
Tenorguy

"Saucy wench"?! :rofl:
I'm usually the first one to get her undies in a bunch when people start wondering about a skater's orientation, but when your own federation calls you "flamboyant" - dude, you're Liberace!
Not that it matters a bit. I love this kid.
xoxo
Rave

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, here is an interview with Johnny, not the one Millie is talking about but still ok. Scroll down the page and click on Could the American Ice Prince win gold?

Johnny Interview

Dee

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Darn! I can't believe I missed that interview this morning, especially since I sat through Al and Matt double-lugeing.

I did see Katie's interview w/ that guy who won the ski-combo - that was kinda funny too cuz he admitted to being a tad hungover. :disapp:

OT -- Ravyn Rant, I love your new Fumie avatar!

Speaking of the Sensational Six, their first project could be to do something for those "underdecorated" dorm rooms in the Olympic Village. Then they could tackle the Flying Tomato's hair and the baggy hip-hip looking pants that the half-pipe guys compete in. (Dudes, you look stubby enough without having your crotch down at the knees, plus how you have to splay your legs out to stand on the board.)

MM :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
OT -- Ravyn Rant, I love your new Fumie avatar!

Speaking of the Sensational Six, their first project could be to do something for those "underdecorated" dorm rooms in the Olympic Village. Then they could tackle the Flying Tomato's hair and the baggy hip-hip looking pants that the half-pipe guys compete in. (Dudes, you look stubby enough without having your crotch down at the knees, plus how you have to splay your legs out to stand on the board.)

MM :)

PML! And those baggy half pipe pants seem even worse for the ladies! Yes, me thinks Johnny has an Oly future either on or off the ice. :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

(but can he DANCE like a deLUGEnal Diva???)

DG

equestrianguy

On the Ice
FreeKatie said:

Yes...LOL After the shoulder sashay her threw back his head very dramatically.. I got a good kick out of it!!!