Program costume color predictions | Golden Skate

Program costume color predictions

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought of a great idea! For the programs for next season that we have NOT seen the costume for yet, why not we predict the color of those costumes and even better, what do we predict them to look like?

Just thought I might spice it up here with even more predictions! ;):biggrin::popcorn:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't know what their programs will be, but I predict that Plushy and Sergei Voronov will wear black. Plushy's will be a one-piece catsuit with some sparkles on it and some see-through mesh, and Sergei's will have some combo of mesh, feathers and black lace.

Konstantin Menshov will wear some sort of plain-looking shirt with a big animal print or face on it. Silver or light blue.

Florent will wear animal print and a very deep v-neck.

Just call me Nostradamus...

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I don't know what their programs will be, but I predict that Plushy and Sergei Voronov will wear black. Plushy's will be a one-piece catsuit with some sparkles on it and some see-through mesh, and Sergei's will have some combo of mesh, feathers and black lace.

Konstantin Menshov will wear some sort of plain-looking shirt with a big animal print or face on it. Silver or light blue.

Florent will wear animal print and a very deep v-neck.

Just call me Nostradamus...

Han Yan will wear a vest...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Most of the dance teams will probably wear pastels for their waltzes. Many will likely choose light blues, pinks and yellows for the ladies and tux-and-tails or a similar look for the men.

Mariah Bell said her SP music is Irish-influenced, so I predict she'll wear something green, and either white or blue for her FS dress (skating to Born on the Fourth of July).

Karen Chen will likely wear a period/historical-type costume for her FS (Les Mis), probably involving some kind of corset (don't they all? :laugh:) like Yuna's did, but for some reason I see it being more of a green color and not brown. Amber Glenn, also skating to Les Mis, will likely do the same.

For Rika Hongo's SP, set to Cirque de Soliel, she will probably wear something bright, colorful, and possibly crazy, as is a common trend with CDS programs. Her FD to Riverdance will likely be green.

Marin Honda is skating to a piece called the Spring Sonata, so I'm guessing her costume will be pastel and probably involve flowers.

For Mirai Nagasu's Gatsby FS, I predict something dark-colored, either black, maroon, dark purple or navy blue, with a lot of sparkly stuff on it, and gorgeously designed as always.

For Adelina's JSM, probably something red, and knowing Adelina, gloves, matching tights, some giant, tackily-placed embellishment/holes/cutouts/mesh, and/or feathers...

For V/T's Bollywood SP, the costumes will very likely be Indian-inspired, and the FS costumes will likely be black.

For the Shibs' FD, dark colors, understated, not much sparkle with more emphasis on cut and design of the garment itself...thinking of something like their 2015 EX costume (the blue ones)?

B/S's FD: probably period/historical, most likely a pastel or white dress for her and a historically-accurate suit type thing for him.

I/Z's FD: probably red or somewhat Spanish-influenced. I'd actually like to see a yellow dress on Elena for this program (however, somewhat more *ahem* subdued than the dress for a past Frida program skated by another Elena...) a lace bodice ending just above the waist and a long chiffon skirt, in a (non-gross) mustard or chartreuse would be great.

S/K SP: probably something black and "edgy." For FS, I'm thinking yellow (probably because "golden" is in the title of their music ;)).

Well, I'm out of ideas...

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Not a prediction and more of a hope...but I'm dying for Ashley to get new costume for her LP to make it feel more fresh. I'm thinking in black, inspired by this:

https://thehunt.insnw.net/app/publi...original/33c2ca4e2ba5d2e17633b9ecb1180f77.jpg

Something with a similar bodice, more of a skirt, and straps or lacy sleeves (sleeves, even more tailored ones would go with the robe Satine is wearing.)

Of course Nicole Kidman has a ton of pretty costumes in the film, but I'd prefer Ashley to do something a little more understated than flashy since the film/program ends in tragedy.

oriquey

Final Flight
For Rika Hongo's SP, set to Cirque de Soliel, she will probably wear something bright, colorful, and possibly crazy, as is a common trend with CDS programs. Her FD to Riverdance will likely be green.

Her costume for her SP is really nice and green in colour. Maybe she'll choose another colour for her FP? Or maybe she'll pick another shade of green.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Jason's SP (Since we've seen video of it and stuff it counts), for some reason, I'm picturing a light blue shirt.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
How many bow ties will we see?

How many of them will be undone on purpose?

Bowties total prediction: 8
Undone Bowties prediction:5
:hopelessness:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Also, still hoping Gracie skates to the jaws soundtrack in a dress with a shark bite out of the side...

anyanka

Record Breaker
Katya Bobrova in a burgundy red for "Anna Karenina", probably lined with (faux) fur. Then at the end she flings herself on the ice like in the book / films and opens a panel revealing red streamers signifying Anna's blood when she throws herself under the train. Don't look at me, the "reveal" was done by Trankov in 2008/09 with that weird Shoshtakovich program when he ripped his shirt open, and Yuko revealed the little "heart" in 2009/10 with her queen of hearts costume.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oh and I'm picturing some gray mixed with some red and pink and white. And a more flowy skirt that's longer.

My vision was a grey dress with some maroon embellishment and a ponytail, just plain, no fussy hair details except possibly a shark tooth hairpin in the front...šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How many bow ties will we see?

How many of them will be undone on purpose?

Bowties total prediction: 8
Undone Bowties prediction:5
:hopelessness:

Oh noooo! My worst nightmare. Especially when they don't even use a real bowtie, but stitch a fake one onto the costume.:disapp:

noskates

Record Breaker
Hanyu will wear something foofy with lace and bobbles and ribbons and see-thru fabric. I think Mirai has had some of the most beautiful dresses of any of the ladies. She always gets it right. I hope Ashley wears something other than orange or red or tomato-soupy colors. Would like to see her in deep blue velvet.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Hanyu will wear something foofy with lace and bobbles and ribbons and see-thru fabric. I think Mirai has had some of the most beautiful dresses of any of the ladies. She always gets it right. I hope Ashley wears something other than orange or red or tomato-soupy colors. Would like to see her in deep blue velvet.

I will seriously feel that something is wrong with the universe if Hanyu won't wear a foofy see-thru outfit with lace and bobbles and ribbons at least in one of his programs. And sequins, let's not forget sequins. :think: Like's he's been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with a pod person.

I'm picturing something golden for Jason Brown, I don't knwo why. It would go with the Great Gatsby theme.