Project "Medvedeva", a victory by the rules | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Project "Medvedeva", a victory by the rules

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But isn't it true that in young girls who train rigorously for sports like gymnastics (and presumably figure skating) the onset of these various stages of development is delayed because their bodies produce a lot of testosterone, etc., etc.?

Mathman, it isn't the production of testosterone. A girl's body fat has to reach a certain level to trigger the production of hormones necessary to trigger ovulation. So it is certainly possible for a girl's development to be delayed if she is very thin. That is clearly not the case with Medvedeva. If you look at her in 2013 and 2014, she was shorter and had a child's body. She has since had a growth spurt (for what it's worth, Wikipedia says she is 5'5") and while still thin, has developed a young woman's body.

boskil

Match Penalty
Yes you are exactly correct. I am a bitter person that gets my kicks out of "jabs" against teenage girls. I am only spending time on this blog because it is the best way to hate on people. But seriously, you absolutely missed the point of my post. Let me say it less creatively. Today's skaters focus too much on aspects of skating that I don't value. As a result the beauty of the sport is getting lost. I prefer the skaters from the 60's, 70' 80's and most in the 90's that focused on all aspects of skating. I would prefer to see less and more basic jumping and an increase in skating qualities like deep edging, beautiful positions, choreography, expression, musicality and basic skating skills. Skaters in ages past exhibited such skills and when I compare them to today's skaters I am not pleased. I don't really care who is winning these competitions as regardless of who wins, the style is the same to me and that style is sloppy.
I just wonder, why you and many others fans so disappointed with current situation do not actually do something like writing to ISU or creating online petition for increasing age limit (for instance)?
I invoke all orphants of the past to do something constructive, instead of focusing on Tutberidze or Medvedeva, who actually have no powers on the topic of changing landscape of ladies skating. It's frustrating, unfair and above all - completely misguided. :confused2:
Let's ASSUME for a while Eteri is indeed heartless manager of prebubescent jumping beans factory - do you think huge amount of negative feedback is going to change her ways, while her pupils are sweeping all those gold medals one after another? You'd have to be very naive to think that.

Dan

Rinkside
Please do not quote me any more. What you are talking about has nothing to do with what I am saying. You clearly prefer to argue than discuss. And all you want to argue about is how your favorites are victims of the people who post on here. That's pretty boring to me. It also has nothing to do with my posts. Quite frankly, I don't even know who these people are that you are so vehemently defending. I'm sure now that I've said that you will inform me of their greatness. Please try to restrain yourself from doing that.

melmel

On the Ice
Im not worried about elisabet because ive had asian friends that even at 23 years old were confused for 12 years old while visiting museums in europe (she said the upside was that well she didnt have to pay the full price tickets :p)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Im not worried about elisabet because ive had asian friends that even at 23 years old were confused for 12 years old while visiting museums in europe (she said the upside was that well she didnt have to pay the full price tickets :p)

Elizabet looked extra tiny in the YOG pictures because Sotskova and Tsurskaya are both about Kostner's height, very tall for figure skaters. Elizabet doesn't look as itty bitty next to some of the smaller ladies like Tuk, Chen, Miyahara. http://40.media.tumblr.com/d9e69a6e29b4243bef30f04f23866c4a/tumblr_nv10xy0Cn71qc5l9co3_1280.jpg

Miyahara is 2 years older than Elizabet so I'm guessing she was probably about the same size 2 years ago. Plus both of Elizabet's parents are very small. As per her instagram she likes to make and eat a lot of cookies and cakes, so most likely her size can just be attributed to genetics and delayed puberty.

moriel

Record Breaker
Elizabet looked extra tiny in the YOG pictures because Sotskova and Tsurskaya are both about Kostner's height, very tall for figure skaters. Elizabet doesn't look as itty bitty next to some of the smaller ladies like Tuk, Chen, Miyahara. http://40.media.tumblr.com/d9e69a6e29b4243bef30f04f23866c4a/tumblr_nv10xy0Cn71qc5l9co3_1280.jpg

Miyahara is 2 years older than Elizabet so I'm guessing she was probably about the same size 2 years ago. Plus both of Elizabet's parents are very small. As per her instagram she likes to make and eat a lot of cookies and cakes, so most likely her size can just be attributed to genetics and delayed puberty.

She totally looks like a 12 years old though. Compare her with the Korean youngsters =)
For example, You Young: http://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2016/01/11/2016011100976_0.jpg.
They don´t look like they have a 5 years difference.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She totally looks like a 12 years old though. Compare her with the Korean youngsters =)
For example, You Young: http://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2016/01/11/2016011100976_0.jpg.
They don´t look like they have a 5 years difference.

She does look really young. But Miyahara also looked about 12 at 16. Oftentimes girls will grow up very suddenly. Tuk during the 2011-2012 season was tiny like Elizabet (though she was younger, 12/15 versus 15/16) and then by the next season she was much more grown up. Same goes for Radionova last season versus this season. Hopefully Elizabet is okay. I haven't read or heard anything that suggests otherwise though there isn't a whole lot of press on her in general.

moriel

Record Breaker
She does look really young. But Miyahara also looked about 12 at 16. Oftentimes girls will grow up very suddenly. Tuk during the 2011-2012 season was tiny like Elizabet (though she was younger, 12/15 versus 15/16) and then by the next season she was much more grown up. Same goes for Radionova last season versus this season. Hopefully Elizabet is okay. I haven't read or heard anything that suggests otherwise though there isn't a whole lot of press on her in general.

Im not saying it is wrong, but makes me wonder why people blablabla so much about Medvedeva starving herself to delay puberty while she looks 16, while there are other 16 years old that look so much under their age >.>
I dunno, i mean all those people saying stuff... I think it would be right if they worried about Liz in the first place, for example =)

Fayruza

Match Penalty
as an ethnical Tatar who lived in Udmurtia for 9 years, I can say there are quite a few Tatars there. as well as all through Russia. We come second after Russians in numbers.
That said, I can't claim Liza is a Tatar - she well may have Tatar ancestors, but I won't insist. Tuktamyshev as a family name has a Turkic sound to it (Tatar or Bashkir). Udmurts usually have different names.

alskling

On the Ice
Ok. ok.ok.
This is just google opinion :scratch2: Not mine. Sorry for that.:sad21:
Maybe Liza is descendant of Genghis Khan? Who knows.:scratch2:
By the way we are talking about Evgenia aren't we? :rolleye:

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Ghengis certainly did his best to propagate his genes - but I wonder if his genes travelled that far into the north. ;)
Well, last time I looked into the thread, you were talking of this, so I left my two pennies worth. Lived both in Tatarstan and Udmurtia for long periods - both are quite ethnically mixed. So anything is possible. :D

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Found this classic in the archives

01-06-2013, 01:40 PM #12

0 Thumbs Up!
Russia is a multiethnic country, even more ethnically diverse than the US with 150+ ethnic groups
its true typically first names are very typical but its the last names that you will know their heritage, there are many similar first names
but by last name you can almost know their heritage like

Gerboldt, Enbert, Abt are German last names
Plushenko is a Ukraianian last name "ko"
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva , "Tuktamysheva" is not a Russian Surname by its root word, she is an ethnic udmurt
Ruslan(typical caucasus male name) "Zhiganshin" who is a tatar,
Sikhuralidze, Gedevanishvili, Gosviyani and Maisurdze are Georgian Surnames,
Li ( Lee) is a Korean, Sakhanovich sounds like a tatar or tungustic root word to me.
Last edited by sky_fly20; 01-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.

alskling

On the Ice
Ghengis certainly did his best to propagate his genes - but I wonder if his genes travelled that far into the north. ;)

No,no.no. Difenetly Liza is grand...grand...grand...daughter of Genghis Khan. That's what i belive for now.:biggrin:
Bow, bow before your almighty Khan.:devil:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Not sure I agree Tuktamyshev(а) is an Udmurt name. as I say, it does sound Turkic, not Finno-Ugric. and Udmurts, being Christians, actually have family names which do not differ much from Russian names. Peredernin, Korepanov, Lagunov, Kalashnikov and the like.
Does it really matter? If it comes to ethnicity, Liza Tuktamysheva is very unlikely to speak any other language but Russian - so let's call her Russian and be done with it.