Proper fitters for figure skates in Florida? | Golden Skate

Proper fitters for figure skates in Florida?

FigureSkater2625

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I am finally going to get new boots and blades and I have seen so many people on here commenting about how you should not get fitted for a boot at a rinkside shop and I have tried looking for figure skate shops outside of the hockey/figure skate shops they have in most, if not all, ice rinks. Would anyone know of any boot fitters they have had a good experience with in the Florida area? Anything would be helpful. I mention this because when I got my first boots I went to a rinkside shop and the width and possibly size was wrong and all the person did was measure my foot in a device you might find at an actual shoe store. I simply do not want to waste an exorbitant amount of money on a bad fitting. Thank you in advance!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am finally going to get new boots and blades and I have seen so many people on here commenting about how you should not get fitted for a boot at a rinkside shop and I have tried looking for figure skate shops outside of the hockey/figure skate shops they have in most, if not all, ice rinks. Would anyone know of any boot fitters they have had a good experience with in the Florida area? Anything would be helpful. I mention this because when I got my first boots I went to a rinkside shop and the width and possibly size was wrong and all the person did was measure my foot in a device you might find at an actual shoe store. I simply do not want to waste an exorbitant amount of money on a bad fitting. Thank you in advance!

Where are you in florida? That would be helpful. Also, what brand are you looking for?

FigureSkater2625

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Where are you in florida? That would be helpful. Also, what brand are you looking for?

I’m in Lithia, Florida which is about 30 minutes from Brandon, an hour from Tampa, Wesley Chapel, and Lakeland. And I am looking for Jacksons. I’d be willing to drive far if it meant getting a good fitter so as I aforementioned anything would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't think one can give a "blanket statement" that a "rink shop" is not good. Some are owned independently from the rink.

Rinkside Sports inside the Wesley Chapel rink is one of those shops. I can vouch for the knowledge and skills of Tim as the skate sharpener there. That shop has a broad selection of figure skating goods and the staff seems knowledgeable about the boot brands they sell.
Give them a call. Even if you don't buy boots you'll probably buy "something." It's impossible to leave that shop empty-handed. :) https://rinksidesportstampa.com/rinkside-locations/

You can also call Play Moore Hockey / Go Figure in Rockledge, Florida. She is a standalone shop. Her website show Reidells but I believe she also deals in Jacksons. Her hours are funky so always call first. (321) 961-9128
https://www.facebook.com/playmoore.hockey/

Good luck in your quest!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m in Lithia, Florida which is about 30 minutes from Brandon, an hour from Tampa, Wesley Chapel, and Lakeland. And I am looking for Jacksons. I’d be willing to drive far if it meant getting a good fitter so as I aforementioned anything would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shop at the rink in Wesley Chapel is good, so that would be my starting point down there.