question on fan banners | Golden Skate

question on fan banners

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I had no idea where to ask about this.

Here's the thing: I've never brought a fan banner to a competition, still less made one; nor do I have anyone among my family and friends who have. However, I'm going to a competition next month where I'd like to bring a few banners, to support my favorite skaters and/or countries. If someone from GS brings these regularly, can you give me some advice?
I'd like my banner to be held in both hands, I'm not looking for the extra-large ones that are tied to the railing, and they'd only feature skaters' names. What material should I go for? Textile seems like the best option to me. Where does one buy the fabric, or does one cut it at home? What size do you recommend? About 70 cm long sounds good to me, as I'd be brandishing it from several rows above the ice. Does one write the skaters' names at home, or does one have it printed somewhere? (I'd like the names to be in kanji, but I'm not very proficient at those)

Also, do they typically sell the small paper country flags on a stick at events? So far, I've been searching for banners and flags online, but most of the sites are company-oriented and their products quite expensive. :/
Any advice of experienced banner owners would be appreciated.