RF3 pro help with sizing (online purchase) | Golden Skate

RF3 pro help with sizing (online purchase)

smva

Rinkside
Hi guys ! This forum has been a goldmine in terms of information ! I love you guys so much !

Tldr : I would like to know if I should get 255 or 260 size for my RF3 pros. My feet are not the same length : left is 252mm and right is 247mm. (Measured at 6pm, so swollen enough)

I have always been fitted in Risports and two online fitters have told me the RF3 pro would work better over the Royal pros because I have a narrow heel. This seems to be true as my last pair was also fitted this way 15 years ago (outch)
Problem is, one has recommended 255 and the other 260. I skate with socks on (I can go for the nylon/polyester ones).

I am an expat in an asian country where most of the skaters are tiny with tiny feet and none of the two fitters have my size to try on (also the fact that they push everyone, even beginners, to get ice flys and pianos does NOT make me trust them). I also threw away my skates by mistake and cannot for the life of me remember what size it was. Hence, I have no choice but to trust and buy from the internet :(

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hm. Not ideal. In your position, if you really have no choice but to order online, then make sure you order from a retailer that allows you to return the boots - unmounted - for a refund or exchange. I'll leave the size advice to somebody who isn't as dog tired as I am right now...

smva

Rinkside
Hm. Not ideal. In your position, if you really have no choice but to order online, then make sure you order from a retailer that allows you to return the boots - unmounted - for a refund or exchange. I'll leave the size advice to somebody who isn't as dog tired as I am right now...
Thank you for your answer even if you're tired ! Actually the seller (skaterzedge in new zealand) said I can exchange the boots once for free, so I guess I'm good for now,
But I'm curious about other ppl's advice as I think many people might be around my size on this forum !

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Your fitters should be able to take detailed tracings and measurements of your feet, and send them off to Risport for their recommendation (in particular, whether a single stock size can accommodate the difference in sizes between your feet). Each manufacturer has its own set of instructions for performing the tracings and measurements.

christy

On the Ice
Most people have a difference in foot size, and 5mm is a small difference. Are you able to get the boots molded / stretched when you get them?

smva

Rinkside
Your fitters should be able to take detailed tracings and measurements of your feet, and send them off to Risport for their recommendation (in particular, whether a single stock size can accommodate the difference in sizes between your feet). Each manufacturer has its own set of instructions for performing the tracings and measurements.
They...don't ;.;
Most people have a difference in foot size, and 5mm is a small difference. Are you able to get the boots molded / stretched when you get them?
They can mold them and punch them ! Doesn't that work only for width, though ?

christy

On the Ice
They can mold them and punch them ! Doesn't that work only for width, though ?
They can sometimes get a bit extra in length too, by punching the boot out, and 5mm is such a tiny difference - it's basically what most people have. You certainly don't need different sized boots for such a tiny amount.