Richard Dornbush | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Richard Dornbush

reneerose

Final Flight
Watched Ricky's skates from CoC and I'm even more frustrated than last year. I've always wondered...why doesn't he just give it up and go pro? I mean I love him so much, but he has made falling a consistent thing to expect since 2011 onwards......I know he probably just doesn't want to be on the podium and just seems to be doing it as a side hobby to his education.....I'm just so frustrated. I love you Ricky! Sorry for the rant! I wish Brian Orser / Boitano/ Eldredge would do an intervention on his jumps! Or even the guys from Eurosport could hopefully give him some pointers to straighten him out? :cheer: I would guess it's half mental and half mechanical? And when he waxeled in the SP what exactly went wrong there? The Eurosport commentator seems to be pointing out a loss of concentration. Is he really not concentrating? Such a beautiful skater! Ugh! :sad21: :sad46:

Last edited:

reneerose

Final Flight
I hope he and Ross have good possibilities at Nationals! I'm joining Patrick's prayer circle for him, Ross, and Adam :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
time to bring this page to life!
Richard's SP from NHK, apart from hand down on 2 jumps there was no visible mistakes and overall really good performance! BESP guys seems to love him, i love him too :love: and i loveeee the aerial shot during his camel spin, well done!!! :love: better luck at LP tomorrow, hopefully we will see it clean :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
:sad21::cry::sad4::sad46::sad14:
there arent enough sad emoticons to express how feel ): i wish him speed recovery!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
So sorry to learn that Ricky won't be competing at US Nationals because I thought he can make a strong showing there and also in the light of this recent article http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/ice_king stating that he is aiming to qualify for Pyeongchang (he was an alternate for Sochi) and was set to compete at US Nationals in St. Paul.

Rest and recover well Ricky and hope to see you back competing.

musicfan80

Medalist
Get well soon Ricky! All these injuries among the top U.S. men are making me so sad. :(

Herniated disks can get really serious and chronic. I hope that Ricky doesn't have to have surgery.

Tallorder

On the Ice
Very disappointing all around to hear of Ricky's injury and consequent inability to compete at Nationals. Knowing he has multiple important dimensions to his life (skating, academics) must provide him with some solace. The athletes who have nothing else relevant to turn to can really struggle through such misfortunes.

Wishing Ricky a thorough return to health and all the best in the future, on and off the ice.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Too bad about the injury that makes him have to withdraw the Nationals. Best wishes for his quick recovery.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oh my another WD of a skater I like:sad21:
Get well Ricky bb:ghug:

musicfan80

Medalist
Very disappointing all around to hear of Ricky's injury and consequent inability to compete at Nationals. Knowing he has multiple important dimensions to his life (skating, academics) must provide him with some solace. The athletes who have nothing else relevant to turn to can really struggle through such misfortunes.

Wishing Ricky a thorough return to health and all the best in the future, on and off the ice.

It also could be that school gives Ricky a good outlet to succeed at something away from the ice, especially when training gets stressful. I've wondered that about the Shibutanis and their vlogging and how much it has actually helped them be able to deal with the pressure.