Richard Dornbush | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Richard Dornbush

reneerose

Final Flight
here is the video of Richard's clean FS courtesy of Jackie Wong,
and good news! its said that his recovery process will take about 3 week and should be at "peek performance" in a month :cheer:

I haven't been to this thread in a LONG time. LOL at that mashup. That would be the ideal clean program that I wish he would have skated too. Part of me thinks he will make 1 last run at the 2018 Winter Olympics and then retire afterwards....a lot of times I wonder what sort of career he could have had if he had decided to change coaches and skate consistently clean programs.......but he's doing what he wants to do as has been said so many times before. Wish him the best. He is such a beautiful skater!

musicfan80

Medalist
I haven't been to this thread in a LONG time. LOL at that mashup. That would be the ideal clean program that I wish he would have skated too. Part of me thinks he will make 1 last run at the 2018 Winter Olympics and then retire afterwards....a lot of times I wonder what sort of career he could have had if he had decided to change coaches and skate consistently clean programs.......but he's doing what he wants to do as has been said so many times before. Wish him the best. He is such a beautiful skater!

I don't think that Ricky would have ever left Tammy. But I LOVED his LP at 2011 Nationals and his SP at 2014 Nationals was so thrilling to watch. I think he has as much potential as any of the other U.S. men. It's just getting it together at the right time.

I also GREATLY respect that he has made school a priority (as much as he realistically can) - I would love to hear him on something like an episode of Star Talk. That would be fascinating.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if Ricky has worked with Rohene before, but he (Rohene) is posting quite a few of his own IG photos out on the town with Ricky, including this one where Rohene is wearing stilettos I could not stand up in, let alone walk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOZQjKigvQs/?taken-by=roheneward

Christina Cleveland, a senior lady who trains at 7K with Rohene, is also in the show. Wouldn't it be awesome if Ricky did skate to a Rohene program?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if Ricky has worked with Rohene before, but he (Rohene) is posting quite a few of his own IG photos out on the town with Ricky, including this one where Rohene is wearing stilettos I could not stand up in, let alone walk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOZQjKigvQs/?taken-by=roheneward

Christina Cleveland, a senior lady who trains at 7K with Rohene, is also in the show. Wouldn't it be awesome if Ricky did skate to a Rohene program?

Hope to see Ricky back next season. The show he, Christina and Rohene are in is running thru New Year's Day at the Patchogue Theatre out on Long Island. Hope some Long Islanders are able to see it!

And bless Rohene in his heels. He could always star in Kinky Boots :)

http://www.patchoguetheatre.org/event/The-Gateways-Holiday-on-Ice-Spectacular/7301

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hope to see Ricky back next season. The show he, Christina and Rohene are in is running thru New Year's Day at the Patchogue Theatre out on Long Island. Hope some Long Islanders are able to see it!

And bless Rohene in his heels. He could always star in Kinky Boots :)

http://www.patchoguetheatre.org/event/The-Gateways-Holiday-on-Ice-Spectacular/7301

For any fans of Chase Belmontes, he too is in the cast of this show. (Chase seems to have an ensemble-type role, per Instagrams from Christina, for example.)

The headliners Richard and Rohene (and other cast members) are interviewed about the show in this short video, which includes snippets of their skating:
https://youtu.be/j8VB8h3vEp4 (4:31, posted Dec 17)​
60-second preview video montage of the show:

Richard and Rohene got nice reviews on a local news site:

I will miss seeing Richard at Nationals, but it's great that he has starred in lots of shows this season :cool:.

Richard has been a very (IIRC) loyal client of choreographer Mark Pillay in the past.
What will come of Richard's enjoyable show experience with Rohene is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
Does anyone know how close Ricky is to finishing his degree? I wonder if he plans are to graduate in May and then focus the next season on skating before heading to (I'm assuming) grad school.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For any fans of Chase Belmontes, he too is in the cast of this show. (Chase seems to have an ensemble-type role, per Instagrams from Christina, for example.)

Thx for the links @ice coverage.

OK, off topic from Ricky, but I adore:luv17: Chase Belmontes. His skating has not always been what he would have wanted (He once famously tweeted that he owed a basket of muffins to anyone who sat through his SP, maybe at Glacier Falls???), but his blog posts and such are witty and he *loves* cats, what more could you want?

Ricky, Rohene and Chase, I would be set. :agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the info, that explains the exchange between Ricky and Rohene on Rohene's IG.

Rohene does a 3A just to show off while coaching

And the exchange:

@rickdorn: You're an animal! Side by side this weekend!
@roheneward: done and done!!! @rickdorn get ready.

Becoming quite the performing buddies:biggrin:

reneerose

Final Flight
I'm assuming he's gone pro without actually formally announcing it because he isn't on the list for the upcoming Olympic season.

musicfan80

Medalist
I'm assuming he's gone pro without actually formally announcing it because he isn't on the list for the upcoming Olympic season.

I think we'll hear something by mid summer about Ricky's plans for next season. I believe Ricky is either graduating from college this semester or he's really, really close to finishing. I believe he's always gone pretty close to full time - even while he was competing.

Andrea82

Medalist
At Lombardia Trophy this week, Ricky was in the K&C for Brendan Kerry wearing a Team Australia jacket.

Has he turned to coaching?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
At Lombardia Trophy this week, Ricky was in the K&C for Brendan Kerry wearing a Team Australia jacket.

they are training buddies and very close friends, their coach Tammy was at US Classic with her other students so probably thats why Ricky went there,

and this week reminded me of the very 1st time i saw him at Lombardia in 2014 where he won with an amazing LP:sad21:

musicfan80

Medalist
I also think that Ricky has graduated and is planning on attending graduate school soon. I don't know where, though or what Ricky plans to study.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I also think that Ricky has graduated and is planning on attending graduate school soon. I don't know where, though or what Ricky plans to study.

He studied computational physics as an Undergrad and wants to work in finance eventually, he had plans to go to grad school for quantitative analysis. He's coaching under Tammy G's tutelage from what I know.

reneerose

Final Flight

That's what I thought. Besides being friends with Brendan. His Twitter bio says figure skating pro. So sad he never reached the higher echelons with cleanly skated programs, but he seems to value the education over the figure skating. His style was lovely to watch. :cry::cry::cry: