Risport RF3, advice? | Golden Skate

Risport RF3, advice?

ViolVul

Spectator
Hi! I bought a completely wrong pair of skates recently, Graf Prestige in width L, which I later realized (when I tried them on with blades), were waaay too wide. Unfortunately they are a tad too long as well. In light of this I decided to sell those and try to buy another pair. I talked to a shop owner who would meet me halfway from his shop (here where I live there are really really few skate shops for some reason, and far apart), but then he cannot bring the whole shop along and I have to choose some stuff to try. Ok, end of context :) one of the skates he suggested to me is the RF3. Until now I've been on Risport Etoiles, which as far as I know only come in one width which just happens to suit me perfectly. However I cannot find any info on widths for the RF3. In fact I cannot understand either if RF3 and RF3 Pro are the same boot or two different ones, so that doesn't help. ?_? I see many shop selling them only C widths, but for instance for RF3 Pro, official Risport page says widths are AA B and C, making me automatically think C must be kinda wide? Every online shop I've looked at seems to have a different opinion on this. Did anyone here own both Etoiles and RF3 and is able to shed light?

I know it may be easy answered with "just go do the fitting and see". But, as I said, one of the problems is that the guy can only bring with him so many boxes, and even last time when I bought the Prestiges, I got a bit over excited about it which led me to buying skates that I could not realize were the wrong size. :(

(It's incredible how little help dear ol' Google was in answering this...)

Last edited:

singerskates

On the Ice
Hi! I bought a completely wrong pair of skates recently, Graf Prestige in width L, which I later realized (when I tried them on with blades), were waaay too wide. Unfortunately they are a tad too long as well. In light of this I decided to sell those and try to buy another pair. I talked to a shop owner who would meet me halfway from his shop (here where I live there are really really few skate shops for some reason, and far apart), but then he cannot bring the whole shop along and I have to choose some stuff to try. Ok, end of context :) one of the skates he suggested to me is the RF3. Until now I've been on Risport Etoiles, which as far as I know only come in one width which just happens to suit me perfectly. However I cannot find any info on widths for the RF3. In fact I cannot understand either if RF3 and RF3 Pro are the same boot or two different ones, so that doesn't help. ?_? I see many shop selling them only C widths, but for instance for RF3 Pro, official Risport page says widths are AA B and C, making me automatically think C must be kinda wide? Every online shop I've looked at seems to have a different opinion on this. Did anyone here own both Etoiles and RF3 and is able to shed light?

I know it may be easy answered with "just go do the fitting and see". But, as I said, one of the problems is that the guy can only bring with him so many boxes, and even last time when I bought the Prestiges, I got a bit over excited about it which led me to buying skates that I could not realize were the wrong size. :(

(It's incredible how little help dear ol' Google was in answering this...)
You're going to have to get yourself all the way to his shop and have both feet and ankles properly measured; length, ball of feet width, arch width, heel width and the circumstance of the front of your ankle to the bottom of your ankle. Also do you supernate, pronate or are your feet normal. Also make a tracing of both feet on paper to bring with you. Don't choose a brand until the skate pro recommends to you a couple brands. Do tell him at what level you're skating and your approximate weight. Why weight? Because boots come in different stiffness. If you're just beginning and really light, you can get away with less boot stiffness. But if you're tall and heavier like me, you'll have to start off with a medium stiffness or you'll end up breaking down your boots in less than 6 months.

spread beagle

Rinkside
I'm a bit late to the party but maybe you'll still find this helpful. I was on Etoiles too and moved to the RF3. The RF3 Pro is just like the RF3 but a tad stiffer (50 rating compared to 45 of the RF3 ) and ten bucks more expensive (they seem to introduce new models like nobody's business these days).

The beginner models of Risport only have the C (wider) width, that includes the old Etoile and also the newer Lux/Light models. The more professional models (RF3 upwards) offer C/B and for some models also AA (narrowest last, more expensive) widths, but only for the white Ladies boots. All black men boots are C. Me personally, widthwise I'm feeling as good with the RF3 in C as with the Etoile, they are definitely not much wider, if at all. Hope this helps. :)