Roz Sumners is Happy With Her Life | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Roz Sumners is Happy With Her Life

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
soogar said:
chuckm - she might be so happy just to finally get this guy to the altar....

actually from everything she'd said about it in the past I was under the impression SHE was the one not willing to get it over with LOL

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Roz has an extremely bad habit of trash talking and it's easy to get tired of the constant stream of verbal diarrhea from her mouth. Sometimes I am ashamed she and I are from the same area. But once in a while, her comments do have some merit.

The rumors of the rift between Tara and the rest of the SOI cast have been talked about for a long time. To be fair, there's two sides to every story. However, the behavior of Team Lipinski in the wake of her Olympic victory was ridiculous. Remember the tantrum Pat Lipinski threw when MK was invited to the White House instead of Tara? Part of Tara's problem was that she was surrounded by glory hogs. As to how much this rubbed off on her I don't know. I remember a comment which Peggy made circa 1999 that MK's desire to skate was about more than "money and fame." At the time, I had to wonder if it was a veiled reference to the Lipinksi family.

As for Tara compared with Kristi, I noticed that Kristi competed against her main rival, Midori Ito, AFTER the Olympics. She won some and lost some, but I don't think it tarnished her OGM in any way. People respected her for being willing to compete.

Tara's lack of involvement with skating is unforunate, but it's her choice. I wonder if some of it may stem from her disasterous SOI experience. It is very sad she became so horribly injured -- but it would not have happened had Team Linpinski listened to the doctor.

With Sarah, the story seems more clear -cut. She always had other goals and after winning the OGM she lost the desire to compete and wisely decided to get on with her life. Luckily, Team Hughes did not try to hype her to the sky after her win. Roz really does need to shut up about this because if Hughes' academic career pans out she has great potential to be a role model in a different way, similar to Debi Thomas. She can be "the champ who realized there was life after the Olympics." Perhaps if Sumners herself had adopted this attitude years ago, she would not have a chip on her shoulder which causes her to make sh!tty remarks about other skaters.

Last edited: