Rusty Hanger Awards | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rusty Hanger Awards

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have never understood the "boob as bullseye" theory of costume design. Kerrigan had a bright yellow with red one.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Piel said:
I have never understood the "boob as bullseye" theory of costume design. Kerrigan had a bright yellow with red one.

Elena Sokolova has one of those, too. I don't want to to look at it, but it's kinda hard not to, when it a bright red thing, smack dab where it shouldn't be, lol.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Piel said:

LOL!! And I have no idea if they really "are" pointy (and I will go no further on graphic descriptions) but they sure LOOK pointy. Are we SURE they aren't skating to something Madonna, or something from the early 60's Jane Fonda movie I can't recall right now?

:rofl:
DG

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Doggygirl said:
LOL!! And I have no idea if they really "are" pointy (and I will go no further on graphic descriptions) but they sure LOOK pointy. Are we SURE they aren't skating to something Madonna, or something from the early 60's Jane Fonda movie I can't recall right now?

:rofl:
DG

Barbarella? lol :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Saundy said:
Looks like those swirly cones that the opera singers wear on their boobs. All she needs now is the horn helmet! :laugh:

OH MY!! I'm going to have to get blood pressure meds just THINKING about a horn helmut! OH MY!! Pleast Katie - DON'T DO IT!!

DG

screech

Final Flight
Johnny's costumes. Dude - they just aren't flattering

Emanuel's top part of his LP one is okay (goes with the weird music) but those pants/tights/second skin... I say he's preparing to re-use his excuse of a couple of years ago that 'my costume was too tight' for if/when he bombs. This time everyone will believe him (well, moreso than if he reuses the 'my hotel room was haunted excuse)

Yoshie's LP costume - I get that she's trying to look more feminine and all that, but... no

Eeyora

Final Flight
Piel- Sasha and Johnny's costumes would coordinate perfect for pairs skating

So far I would go with Timmy. The costume looks like it was put together with Elmers glue and glitter and it makes him look stumpy and stout.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I liked Sasha's first SL costume. Johnny's is horrid though. It wouldn't be half as bad if he would lose the orange glove (I know its suppossed to be a beak, but it looks atrocious), and the criscrossing lines on the left shoulder (WTH are those suppossed to represent? Is the swan caught in a net??)

soogar

Record Breaker
BravesSkateFan said:
I liked Sasha's first SL costume. Johnny's is horrid though. It wouldn't be half as bad if he would lose the orange glove (I know its suppossed to be a beak, but it looks atrocious), and the criscrossing lines on the left shoulder (WTH are those suppossed to represent? Is the swan caught in a net??)

I love Johnny's SP costume and I normally hate all of his costumes. The little glove beak was so cool and it went to the music. Plus I like the "feathers".

bdreampixie said:
I love Johnny's costume too. I wish he'd use his "beak" more. Come on Johnny, be the swan. :laugh:
Well, he does grab his leg with his beak and spin around, much as swans do in the wild, I understand. :)

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
I love all of Johnny's costumes... he is also the coolest person off the ice, I have had the pleasure of talking to him (albeit not face-to-face) a few times and he is :love:

Linny

Final Flight
Different but not rusty

Johnny's costumes are, indeed, very different. He said something to the effect of it being intentional. He doesn't want to look like everyone else. Methinks they are not candidates for the rusty hanger award because they have a redeaming quality. To be truly rusty, the skater might as well not have bothered. So far, methinks Timmy's is the closest.

Onda's is definitely there. Didn't her mother used to make them? I think she was responsible for the daisies from last year, wasn't she? Did she go to the same costume making school as Ann Patrice McDonough's mom, who managed to plaster an animal of some kind across every dress?

The other question is, how on earth did a costume manage to make Navka's marvelous body look ackward? THAT's got to be in an award category all it's own!

Linny

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Cup of China has happened, which means that Navka/Kostomarov have now officially entered the Rusty Hanger Competition. [NOT a spoiler; just mentioning that N/K have appeared on the scene this season.]

They shoot to the top of the leader board in tackiness with their flamenco free-dance get-ups, especially Roman's overly-heavy brocaded matador jacket & pants, reminding me of Michael Weiss' Carmen LP outfit a couple of seasons ago. The pants make Roman appear as if he's gained 20 lbs during the off season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just watched some of the dances from Cup of China. Galit Chait's OD costume definitely deserves a nomination. It looks like she's skating with huge balls of cotton batting around her butt. :eek: