Salchow Jump (Entrance with two foot) | Golden Skate

Salchow Jump (Entrance with two foot)

co.co.rico

Rinkside
Hello all,

I am learning to do double salchow jump now with the entrance where we put the right leg as supported leg before take off.
Some skaters do this technique (Yuzuru Hanyu, Evgenia Medvedeva , Morisi Kvitelashvili and many more).

Anyone here also use this technique for their salchow jump? how big is the different between this technique and the classic technique where you hold the backward inside left edge with left leg only?
Any advice and tips would be helpful thank you!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I've done both, and switched between both.

Two foot offers more stability. There are two different techniques for both though: toe through first, heel through first.
Two foot and one foot salchow feel completely different to me. The advantage of Two foot is you are less likely to get caught in a deep edge. The advantage of one foot is potentially more momentum but even I have not felt this significantly beneficial.

co.co.rico

Rinkside
I've done both, and switched between both.

Two foot offers more stability. There are two different techniques for both though: toe through first, heel through first.
Two foot and one foot salchow feel completely different to me. The advantage of Two foot is you are less likely to get caught in a deep edge. The advantage of one foot is potentially more momentum but even I have not felt this significantly beneficial.
Thank you for the reply.

I personally prefer two foot salchow where the heel goes first through.
But I still have difficulty to make a hip snap when the heel comes first. Somehow my position in the air is then open and can not turn.
I don't know why.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Thank you for the reply.

I personally prefer two foot salchow where the heel goes first through.
But I still have difficulty to make a hip snap when the heel comes first. Somehow my position in the air is then open and can not turn.
I don't know why.
Probably because your upper body is going before the rest of the jump. Once your upper body gets out ahead of your lower body, good bye, rotation. See Yuzu at the Olys in the SP where he blamed a toe pick hole but when watching in slow motion he pre-rotated his shoulders.

co.co.rico

Rinkside
Probably because your upper body is going before the rest of the jump. Once your upper body gets out ahead of your lower body, good bye, rotation. See Yuzu at the Olys in the SP where he blamed a toe pick hole but when watching in slow motion he pre-rotated his shoulders.
Thank you for the reply.
I will try to control my shoulder.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I use two feet with toe first but am trying to switch to heel. It keeps me more in control. I'm very strong but have a hard time controlling that strength.