Sasha Cohen behaviour in past, is it true? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen behaviour in past, is it true?

antmanb

Record Breaker
I don't have the article in front of me, but I can search around... IIRC it was just hw she said that it was a shame that Sarah had decided to 'give up on the dream' to persue other things. I think the tone, more than the words, were what got to me.

I think your paraphrase is much more kind thatn the reality. In addition to the tone there was a definite use of words that made her sound bitter - it left me with the impression that she felt Sarah owed it to her [wagner] to continue skating and she [wagner] seemed to belittle education.

Ant

nymkfan51

Medalist
I think your paraphrase is much more kind thatn the reality. In addition to the tone there was a definite use of words that made her sound bitter - it left me with the impression that she felt Sarah owed it to her [wagner] to continue skating and she [wagner] seemed to belittle education.

Ant

I am rather surprised by this ... I wish we could find the article. I do remember that in a fluff piece that next year at Nationals, Robin was very supportive of Sarah taking advantage of all the different perks made available to her.

The only time I felt a bit of a tension was just before Worlds '03 when Sarah clearly was not in form to be very competitive. I think Robin said something to the effect that "Sarah wasn't at her comfort zone training wise" ... but she didn't seem critical to me. She was basically stating the facts ... Sarah was nowhere near prepared for Worlds as she should have been.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
The only thing I can find in common with all those skaters is that they were all once Michelle's competitors. Not saying that is the reason, but just something to think about. I can't find any other similarity (except for Sarah and Irina gaining weight).

Whoa.... it always comes back to Kwan's fans are a bunch of sucky whiny babies who bully anyone who dares to challenge our goddess... what no one ever wants to admit is that Kwan fans very rarly pick fights, we're just better at snarky one-liners, passionate speechmaking and have excellent memories that allows us to rip off her stats in a heartbeat... but other than that, we're a calm, loving, inclusive bunch...

just as long as everyone recognizes that :bow: Michelle Kwan :bow: is the best ever... its all so simple...

MKFSfan

Medalist
All that matters to me where Robin Wagner is concerned is she once said Michelle was the greatest skating Champion, or something to that effect, so everything else is just humerous to me! :biggrin:

PS- I don't know if anyone but gsk8 has been here long enough to remember, but right around the time Sarah won her OGM, "the poster who shall not be named..." (aka w*fice) threw a fit about why Sarah should not have won...lots of fighting.
She through the fit because she was a Sasha hopeful at the time, and an Irina if SC didn't pull it off. She always thought the judges were correct, and she would never predict but did much gushing on SC and IS. However, neither SC nor IS could top Sarah.. and her written anger was tumultuous. She left GS on her own accord and made an appearance now and then under an assumed user name until finally disappeared altogether, I think. I feel sorry for her because it meant so much to her to see Sasha with a gold OLY medal. I can feel that because I wanted MK to have the gold medal, but I couldn't put Sarah down. Sarah was the best that night.

Joe

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker

Ant

That's surprising that she would belittle education. I believe you, but how could she even do that? She has a degree in psychology, and she knows how important it is to have a degree...

Perhaps it was the fact that their time together was coming to an end. Robin just wished she knew how to quit Sarah.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
She through the fit because she was a Sasha hopeful at the time, and an Irina if SC didn't pull it off. She always thought the judges were correct, and she would never predict but did much gushing on SC and IS. However, neither SC nor IS could top Sarah.. and her written anger was tumultuous. She left GS on her own accord and made an appearance now and then under an assumed user name until finally disappeared altogether, I think. I feel sorry for her because it meant so much to her to see Sasha with a gold OLY medal. I can feel that because I wanted MK to have the gold medal, but I couldn't put Sarah down. Sarah was the best that night.

Joe

I'm glad there was someone else who was around back then! :rock:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
That's surprising that she would belittle education. I believe you, but how could she even do that? She has a degree in psychology, and she knows how important it is to have a degree...

Perhaps it was the fact that their time together was coming to an end. Robin just wished she knew how to quit Sarah.

In all fairness to Robin, her statements seemed more focused on "what could've been" vs. belittling Sarah's academic aspirations... Robin was proud of Sarah, she just wanted her to do both... and for that, I can't blame her. It was Sasha & her training habits that seemed to send Robin over the edge.... It must be hard to go from a skater who is perfectly willing to change 90 seconds of their long program right before the Olympics for an added advantage to a skater who didn't appear to want to up their technical arsenal of jumps & combos...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Whoa.... it always comes back to Kwan's fans are a bunch of sucky whiny babies who bully anyone who dares to challenge our goddess... what no one ever wants to admit is that Kwan fans very rarly pick fights, we're just better at snarky one-liners, passionate speechmaking and have excellent memories that allows us to rip off her stats in a heartbeat... but other than that, we're a calm, loving, inclusive bunch...

I think with one exception this is the best time I've had here. People get along for the most part, and other than the usual minor squabbles here and there, no real ugly fights.

That statement might have been (partly) true three years ago but not so much any more.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I think with one exception this is the best time I've had here. People get along for the most part, and other than the usual minor squabbles here and there, no real ugly fights.

That statement might have been (partly) true three years ago but not so much any more.

I agree... so much so that I had to say / type SOMETHING since I haven't had the opportunity to pick a cyberfight in a long time... ah... that maturity that is KW since Michelle left the scene... :p

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
so I guess you could say that Michelle is a bad influence on you, KW ;)

Stop it... Are you trying to get me banned from the MKF??? You know Kwan fans don't play that... :laugh:

I will admit though, that I finally see the joy in being a non-fan... it is a bit easier to read & post freely on the boards knowing that I can just type what I want and not worrying that I'd finally get on Joe's nerves & officially get banned... (a true concern of mine during the 05 season...)

Oh my goodness... Red Dog has lured me over to the dark side... the shame...:boohoo:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Stop it... Are you trying to get me banned from the MKF??? You know Kwan fans don't play that... :laugh:

that'd just allow you to spend more time on here....

oh, wait, no... that's not good for the REST of us... ignore what I said. ;):laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh my goodness... Red Dog has lured me over to the dark side... the shame...:boohoo:

Welcome...
gifs_demonios.gif

R.D.

Record Breaker
Also nice is that being a fan of or liking other skaters is no longer a bad thing. :agree:

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Toni & Red Dog...

Don't make fun of me... I've come along way...

"Hi, I'm Kwanford Wife and I'm a mean & nasty uber Kwan fan who doesn't play nice on skating chat boards..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
:laugh: you're so funny, I like that some Kwanfans can poke fun at themselves...diffuses the tension quite a bit...(not that there is too much any more, though)

Fossi

Final Flight
With regards to Tara, she had some real uber fans back in the day and the Kwan/Lipinski hatred was never one sided. Both fan bases were equally as bad as the other. Sasha's uber fans butted heads with teh uber Kwan's, but there was never a rivalry so to speak. I always thought some fans created that. There are just as many bad apples that are SAsha fans as Michelle fans. Michelle and Irina were also friendly, so I don't remember any heated arguements about Irina, or hatred towards her until after SLC when she made her Stupid American comments and was insulting. There was some backlash against Sarah by everyone after SLC, just because she won! It is funny that all roads lead to Kwan fans, or in some people's minds they do. Most of us have been on the boards for some time and realize that these things are never one sided or can be blamed on one set of people.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, it's a new era now, the Divas are gone so let's see if we get any more fan feuds.