Sasha's quad | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sasha's quad

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I agree with those who mentioned that Sasha does not need a quad, but instead two reliable triple/triple combinations.

I very strongly believe that quad practicing would be a waste of time which Sasha could put into a much better use by practicing triple triples and some other aspects of her skating to get as high as possible scores in CoP.

Sasha is a great artistic and really expressive skater. If she has an excellent choreography to highlight her huge talents in presentation, all those assets combined with a mistake free skating will bring her into the top in competitions. A quad is not needed. JMHO.

Marjaana

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
This time at worlds her LP was really poorly skated, and i am not referring to just the mistake on the 3salchow. Plus the program itself was lacking in choreography. Still 3 judges placed her 1st- meaning higher than Arakawa who had a 3-3-2 and a 3-3 combo, plus interesting choreography, flexibility, and good edges. It means Sasha does not need even one 3-3 combo but it will be good to have one as an insurance. If she had skated that LP well, even with one flaw, she could have won. I would have personally preferred to see Arakawa get credit for her great skate instead, but that is how much respect the judges have for Sasha.

However, if Arakawa develops her expression after working with TT, and if Michelle adds at least one difficult 3-3 combo, that one 3-3 may not enough for Sasha.

I doubt that she NEEDS a quad, but it may give her psychological advantage to have it in her repertoire.

Vash