Satoko Miyahara | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

ioanna

Record Breaker
There was a Satoko segment on the show "Figipedia" which hasn't been uploaded in its entirety anywhere but some fans have tweeted some info

Mie Hamada: "It hurt even when she was walking so it was impossible to compete at Helsinki."
https://twitter.com/icehamadagroup/status/914008314089922560

Satoko: "It was as though my heart had broken and I couldn't keep going anymore. Like I had seen the weak person that was me, and I didn't want to think about it. (...) Am I bitter because of my injured state? I'm not bitter. Surely it's necessary somehow. By not giving up and going forward, there will be a light waiting at the end of the tunnel."
https://twitter.com/icehamadagroup/status/914004332462325760

She started feeling pain before the Grand Prix Final so she competed (and earned personal best scores) on painkillers.

Cute video of Satoko eating cake
https://twitter.com/icehamadagroup/status/914002336476827648

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
She should take comfort and inspiration from what Mai has achieved, after she was hospitalised, sidelined and unable to train for such a long time...

I suppose she could, but they had completely different reasons for staying away from the ice. When Mai missed out on the second half of 15-16 she was just one of the junior skaters, when Satoko missed the second half of 16-17 she was the leading senior lady and crucial for keeping 3 spots for the Olympics. Her perspective is different.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i am curious about 3 things
1. why they didnt notice her bone density before her injury, do they have check ups regularly or only when there is something wrong?
2. how long it will take for them to get results of her new diet, and finally
3. and finally how will her layout will be, i prefer she would go for 2 2A3T combo at 1st then upgrade it slowly, but i can imagine the hate she would get if she doesnt attemp 3-3 :slink:

ioanna

Record Breaker
It's funny because iirc, the layout with two 2A-3T combos in the second half has a higher base value than the one with a 3-3 and a 2A-3T. So her TES should be higher but the last time she used this layout in 15-16 I got the impression that she was "punished" in her PCS for this... :slink: But I trust her team to change it if it's necessary.

I guess they have certain check-ups regularly but they couldn't notice the bone density. I've seen a few tweets from people who have read the latest Number magazine and the new diet is the reason why she went from 150cm to 152cm and she is heavier now. I also wonder whether this new diet will help her jump higher in the future...

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Sending all the good vibes possible to Satoko for NHK on Friday! I'll be watching live and sacrificing precious sleep for the SP. Her subtle artistry and perseverance is so admirable and I want all the best things for her in her career! If I were to take a stab at her layouts for the programs I would say it would probably be similar to 2015-16? It would save her the stress of a triple-triple in the FS.

SP:
3Lz+3T(could be 2T based on injury)
-
3Lo
2A

FS:
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3F
3Lo
-
2A+3T
3Lz