Savchenko and Massot team up | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Massot team up

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some photos of Savchenko/Massot were posted recently on the FB page of Edea Skates:

- The height of this throw jump looks impressive:

The photos of them below do not show elements, but just for grins ...
(FYI, the three links below show different batches of photos :yes:, although the abbreviated forms of the links look the same.):​

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Throw looks incredible. If they can land them properly (aka get control with the height), that and their huge twist can land them some pretty impressive GOEs.

Strange to see her with someone that's not Robin though...

anyanka

Record Breaker
Throw looks incredible. If they can land them properly (aka get control with the height), that and their huge twist can land them some pretty impressive GOEs.

Strange to see her with someone that's not Robin though...

I can't get used to seeing her with someone else, either. I wonder what seeing her old clips with Stas Morozov would look like to me?!

But the height on that throw: WOAH!! :jaw:

Mattieu

Medalist
Unless anyone else has any news different, the both Germany and France refuse release them.
So I don't see how this couple can to work, as the both countries can hold them for 2 years under ISU rules.
I can not imagine they go for 2 years only doing national competitions :(

Alba

Record Breaker
Unless anyone else has any news different, the both Germany and France refuse release them.
So I don't see how this couple can to work, as the both countries can hold them for 2 years under ISU rules.
I can not imagine they go for 2 years only doing national competitions :(

Did they said that? I mean the German Fed because I can see France not releasing him.

anyanka

Record Breaker
According to this article, if my elementary school German and Google Translate are correct, it isn't decided yet:

http://www.focus.de/sport/winterspo...zum-sommertraining-in-die-usa_id_3926845.html

Right now they are planning to train in mid-July in the US in Coral Springs, FL. Both the German and French skating feds are discussing this apparently, but no decision appears to have been made yet. Unless there's news on a French site ...?

Mattieu

Medalist
Did they said that? I mean the German Fed because I can see France not releasing him.

The German Fed have invested huge amounts of money in Alyona, so I can't imagine them just releasing her.
Even if they did release her she compete in World 2014, so can not compete until 28th March 2015 at the earliest.
That would give them no time at all to get the minimum score for Worlds 2015, so they could not compete in the 2014/15 season anyway as the dates of worlds are March 28- April 3, 2015

Alba

Record Breaker
The German Fed have invested huge amounts of money in Alyona, so I can't imagine them just releasing her.
Even if they did release her she compete in World 2014, so can not compete until 28th March 2015 at the earliest.
That would give them no time at all to get the minimum score for Worlds 2015, so they could not compete in the 2014/15 season anyway as the dates of worlds are March 28- April 3, 2015

I thought German Fed didn't invest in them.

I don't think a year will be a problem for them, look at Tatiana and maxim. They need time to work together anyway.

Kittosuni

Medalist
No way the french will release him, this team is going to be an asset to them so they want aliona on their team.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
BREAKING NEWS: The new partnership with Aljona has ended. Bruno has found himself a different new partner.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7

Mind you, they're still going to have the same problem about which country to represent.

Now, I don't know if we should be reading anything into this, but look what flag is on Bruno's tracksuit bottoms - the French Tricolore.

Hey, it may just be a case that he hasn't got any new training clothes and is just wearing his old ones. But, there again, it may be a sign...

CaroLiza_fan

96skiluvr

On the Ice
BREAKING NEWS: The new partnership with Aljona has ended. Bruno has found himself a different new partner.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7

Mind you, they're still going to have the same problem about which country to represent.

Now, I don't know if we should be reading anything into this, but look what flag is on Bruno's tracksuit bottoms - the French Tricolore.

Hey, it may just be a case that he hasn't got any new training clothes and is just wearing his old ones. But, there again, it may be a sign...

CaroLiza_fan

Uh, you know it's not April 1st, right?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Woah, you actually fooled me there for a second! :laugh:

Phew! I was hoping for that sort of reaction! ;) :biggrin:

Although, I have to admit, the idea was not mine. A friend of mine runs the Aljona and Bruno Fan Page on Facebook, and she put up these photos this morning with a similar story to catch people out. Except, she went further and suggested that Aljona would be the coach!

Worryingly, she also suggested that Ingo should wear a skirt... :eek:

But, seriously, Ingo is looking very well on the ice in these photos.

CaroLiza_fan

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New pair team Savchenko and Massot aim high

Aljona Savchenko flies high through the air before she lands safely in the strong arms of her partner. This is something you can observe almost every day in the practice rink of Chemnitz, Germany, yet everything is different. Since April, Savchenko, now 30, has been practicing with Frenchman Bruno Massot, 25. More...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The financial part of their story is such a mess. Ingo is coaching them for free??

I will be interested to see how this turns out. :popcorn:

I understand wanting to keep doing something one loves deeply. I miss Szolkowy but wish the new team success. But gee, they don't even have a country yet. Lots of stuff to resolve before they're ready to roll.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Go Aliona! They looked stunning on the ice show (flaws on the throws, as they themselves admitted, but those can get sorted out).

But yes, they absolutely must sort out the finances and representation problems. Ingo coaching them for free seems to indicate it really is a mess right now. Interesting Aliona still is attached to Germany.

Still can't get used to the picture. My brain knows Aliona is tiny but next to Robin she always looks normal-sized. But many great teams have had a huge height difference (G/G, V/T) and it never made them look like unequal partners on the ice.

Not sure I agree about pairs heading in the direction of harder tricks though. It's been a long time since G/G first did the quad twist in the '80s, and the only Sochi team I remember doing it was Peng/Zhang (it was very spectacular though). With the levels, GOEs, and PCS, many teams can garner more points without going for harder tricks. No matter what the Canadian commentators thought, it's not like D/R's side-by-side lutzes helped them get ahead of Pang/Tong (who had stumbles on their side-by-side jumps, but made up for it with their other elements). And not even the great Shen/Zhao really got the quad throw down. I do agree the sport must move forward, and I love seeing harder tricks landed. But these harder pairs tricks just seem to lead to a lot of injuries. It's Aliona's choice to go for it if she wants to, but I'd recommend the axel at most... I want her to make it to Pyeongchang.

hanca

Record Breaker
And Antipova-Maisuradze have also quad twist. I think they did it at worlds. They definitely did it at their GP event.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I don't think a year will be a problem for them, look at Tatiana and maxim. They need time to work together anyway.

Firstly, Tatiana and Maxim had even less time, as she didn't compete at Worlds 2010. Secondly, Tania and Max were skating on - more or less - the same level (Maria and Maxim were slightly better) with previous partner, on Vancouver M/T placed 7th when V/M placed 8th. At Worlds 2014 S/S won gold medal - P/M placed 15th (16 pairs take par in the free skating). Massot and Popova's season's best in combined total score is a few points higher than Aliona and Robin's season's best in free skating. I'm not saying that they have no chace, but your comparison is quite strange :p