2023 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Pairs Short Program

LadyB

Record Breaker
That's a bit of a shocker, but if anyone can make it to the podium after that, then that's Rebecca and Filippo. 🤞 🤞 🤞
Well done to the Italian and German pairs.
I loved Pavlova/Sviatchenko, hoping there is a bit more possible for them in FS.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Watching on replay—a rare occurrence for those of us in the US who must depend on the whims of the world’s worst paid streaming service, Peacock!

So, the Hungarians didn’t think their scores were fair, I guess? I am pretty sure I heard the B word as the camera panned away, and even if i didn’t, the looks on their faces kind of said it all.

Gutted for the lovely Ukrainians, that is such a good SP. Love the folky music and little folk dance touches.

I thoroughly dislike Billie Eilish but love the Kovaleves’ delightfully weird program nonetheless.

I credit the outpouring of support from the German fans in attendance for Hocke/Kunkel’s ability to overcome the two-footed landing and finish the program in fine fashion. You could see them gaining strength and confidence as the audience roar increased in intensity. Well done, fans!

And I continue to absolutely love Conti/Macii’s SP, that gorgeous rendition of Oblivion and their lovely, sensitive dancey take on it, makes me want to give them all the points, each and every time I see and hear it. My favorite pairs program of the year, by far.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching on replay—a rare occurrence for those of us in the US who must depend on the whims of the world’s worst paid streaming service, Peacock!

So, the Hungarians didn’t think their scores were fair, I guess? I am pretty sure I heard the B word as the camera panned away, and even if i didn’t, the looks on their faces kind of said it all.

Gutted for the lovely Ukrainians, that is such a good SP. Love the folky music and little folk dance touches.

I thoroughly dislike Billie Eilish but love the Kovaleves’ delightfully weird program nonetheless.

I credit the outpouring of support from the German fans in attendance for Hocke/Kunkel’s ability to overcome the two-footed landing and finish the program in fine fashion. You could see them gaining strength and confidence as the audience roar increased in intensity. Well done, fans!

And I continue to absolutely love Conti/Macii’s SP, that gorgeous rendition of Oblivion and their lovely, sensitive dancey take on it, makes me want to give them all the points, each and every time I see and hear it. My favorite pairs program of the year, by far.
Well, you and I are in near total agreement on these pairs. Glad to see Hocke & Kunkel have a decent skate after so many problems this year. I love the quirky Kovalevs and the fact that they present a similar height team succeeding at a high level.

The Ukrainians looked a bit off from the start. I'm sure things at home are weighing heavily on them. Conti & Macii were lovely. Felt bad for Ghilardi & Ambrossini, but this was an unusually poor skate for them and not a true picture of how good they are either.

The Hungarians were very good but so were Efimova/Blommaert. Their main problem is that they were not as memorable as some of the others.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think Hocke/Kunkel and Pavlova/Svyatchenko were doing well. The rest, in Ted Barton’s words, there is work to do, no doubt… gonna go watch the women.