Savchenko and Massot team up | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Massot team up

orangella96

Final Flight
They talk about which country they will compete for and that it is mostly about who is going to pay Ingo (but that they would be willing to take the 2 year break if Germany was willing to pay him).

I'm wondering if it's a wise idea to agree to such a relative long break without really competing.
Does that give them any benefit or not? Except for undisturbed training of course. (And would they pay for two years of training only?)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'm wondering if it's a wise idea to agree to such a relative long break without really competing.
Does that give them any benefit or not? Except for undisturbed training of course. (And would they pay for two years of training only?)
to be honest, I think them saying that might be a bit of a PR thing... from what I've gathered chances are slim to none that Germany would actually be willing (or able?) to pay Ingo. And this way they can always say "hey, we would have totally considered it but you kinda forced our hand here, we had no other choice than to choose France"

orangella96

Final Flight
to be honest, I think them saying that might be a bit of a PR thing... from what I've gathered chances are slim to none that Germany would actually be willing (or able?) to pay Ingo. And this way they can always say "hey, we would have totally considered it but you kinda forced our hand here, we had no other choice than to choose France"

Well at the moment they're not able to 'cause of some kind of rules. But on the other hand they're not willing either 'cause they've broken that rule so many times already for others :rolleye:
After the games one of the officials said that they might consider payment for Steuer though....

But using that as a PR thing seems like them somehow.
In the end they shall go where they get paid properly for their work.
'Cause I think it's quite a shame that Steuer was good enough to train them and win medals for Germany with them, but didn't get anything out of it.
On the other hand the Germans pay useless soccer club for them to stay in the league:scowl:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Exactly my take on that statement.

"We wanted to stay, but the German Federation abandoned us, and we had to be rescued by the French Federation."

A perfect chance to suck up to their new bosses, and at the same time have a dig at their old bosses!

Well played! ;) :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Well, and what will Robin be doing? something interesting as well. He is going to be a coach at iceDOME in Oberstdorf, a very well known skating camp for young talented skaters which was founded by Michael Huth, Carolina Kostner's coach, in 2008. Huth competed for the former GDR in the 80s for the Dresden skating club and also Chemnitz later on. So they really know each other! Furthermore, Kostner took part in the farewell show "Imagine on Ice" last Saturday in Chemnitz, so all of this is a well-laid out plan for all 3 of them masterminded by of course Ingo Steuer. ;-)

http://en2012.ice-dome.com/icedome/coaches/8043-8693-0-0-8693-0.htm

Robin will be a great coach IMO!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Good luck to Robin in his coaching career! Even though he and Aliona have split, it's good to see they both seem to be doing what they wish to do.

mary01

Final Flight
Good luck to Robin in his coaching career! Even though he and Aliona have split, it's good to see they both seem to be doing what they wish to do.

I am really looking forward to see them skate together, just to see how it will turn out :popcorn:

Big Deal

Final Flight
I think that it is a VERY small chance them (even if Volosozhar/Trankov will retire before the next Olympics) to overtake Stolbova/Klimov....., even the Junior Chinese pairs, who won the Junior World this year (name??), they are gorgeous.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think that it is a VERY small chance them (even if Volosozhar/Trankov will retire before the next Olympics) to overtake Stolbova/Klimov....., even the Junior Chinese pairs, who won the Junior World this year (name??), they are gorgeous.

Yu/Jin! They're a lovely talent... remind me a lot of Shen/Zhao. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Okay, I trust your judgement. I haven't gotten to see many still photos of V/T's twist, of the moment when Tatiana is at the top. But yes, it seems like we can look forward to huge twists from the new partnership (and V/T as usual, of course)!

Alba

Record Breaker
Okay, I trust your judgement. I haven't gotten to see many still photos of V/T's twist, of the moment when Tatiana is at the top. But yes, it seems like we can look forward to huge twists from the new partnership (and V/T as usual, of course)!

Could go even higher on Ice though. Let's not forget that Aliona is small, 1.53 cm, and Bruno tall 1.84, just 3 cm less than Trankov.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Even more than the big twist, I'm rooting for them to get the throw triple axel. Aliona really wanted it, IIRC. If they could land that a few times (hopefully no injuries in the process!), it would be a personal victory with or without OGM.