Selection process for 2006 US Olympic Team changed! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Selection process for 2006 US Olympic Team changed!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Since the USFSA is effectively running a business, I completely understand the wisdom in leaving themselves room in case of extenuating circumstances.

Putting on a business manager hat, while these rules exist and can be used if needed, I would guess that the USFSA always HOPE they don't have to go there. (publicity issues, hard feelings, ect.) Being able to just send the podium finishers from Nats is the cleanest situation for the USFSA, and I'm sure that EVERY Oly's they hope for that. (or at least that's what I would be hoping if I were in charge!!)

My own fingers are crossed, and I bet the USFSA's collective fingers are crossed too that MK is in good enough shape to compete at Nats, and rightfully take a spot on the podium. Any other scenarios, strictly from a USFSA business perspective, get a little messier just from a PR standpoint IMO.

I just hope for a continued recovery for MK. I don't think she has to be 100% to make the podium at Nats. I selfishly hope she is competing, and somewhere close to 100% at nats so I can see her live in good form!!

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Tough to put Alissa over Kimmie at the moment. Alissa had easier competitors in her GPs where Kimmie had the top skaters in hers.
There is some direct comparison though. Alissa beat Joannie at SC, while Kimmie lost to her in France. Also, Alissa did beat both Nakano and Onda...