Sharpener recommendations in London/SE England | Golden Skate

Sharpener recommendations in London/SE England

Lucie

Rinkside
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good skate tech/shop for getting figure blades sharpened in London or the South East of England? There’s a rink shop at Streatham where I skate but I don’t know if I can trust them to sharpen my blades when the time comes. If necessary I’ll go back to Everglides where I bought them but that’s 2 hours away from me so was hoping there might be somewhere closer. If anyone has any experience of a London shop who won’t ruin my blades that would be great, thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good skate tech/shop for getting figure blades sharpened in London or the South East of England? There’s a rink shop at Streatham where I skate but I don’t know if I can trust them to sharpen my blades when the time comes. If necessary I’ll go back to Everglides where I bought them but that’s 2 hours away from me so was hoping there might be somewhere closer. If anyone has any experience of a London shop who won’t ruin my blades that would be great, thanks!
@WednesdayMarch This ones for you! :)

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hm. South east of England is a fair way from my patch in Darkest Cornwall. My first suggestion would be to go back to Everglides but you could also ask at your rink whether Rod Turner visits and sharpens there. He was trained by his father, John, who was my preferred tech for sharpening back when I was training and teaching. Rod can also be tracked down via Facebook, although I think it's usually his wife who picks up the mentions and gives the contact information.

Lucie

Rinkside
Hm. South east of England is a fair way from my patch in Darkest Cornwall. My first suggestion would be to go back to Everglides but you could also ask at your rink whether Rod Turner visits and sharpens there. He was trained by his father, John, who was my preferred tech for sharpening back when I was training and teaching. Rod can also be tracked down via Facebook, although I think it's usually his wife who picks up the mentions and gives the contact information.
Thank you so much for your reply! Ive asked around my rink and apparently Rod Turner visits there sometimes; and apparently some figure skaters are happy with the sharpening at the rink shop or go to London Skate Centre in Bayswater

Last edited: