Shen & Zhao are getting married next year | Golden Skate

Shen & Zhao are getting married next year

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
The news seems to be real this time around. Some Chinese media is reporting that Shen & Zhao indeed plan to marry next year. Zhao told the reporters that the kiss on her face after they finshed their long program was sort of a proposal but she did not realize the hint.

I'll find out more tonight. Have a nice day.

:rock: :rock:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if this is true, that's great news! I've been hoping for them to tie the knot for a long time! :clap: :love: :biggrin: :clap: I love this team on the ice, and I wish them every happiness off the ice as well. :)

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I have to say that after I saw them finish their skate and he went down on one knee I indeed thought that he was going to propose. Then she got down too and I think that threw him off. Congratulations to them on this news and their World Medal!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
it would have so SO romatic if he did propse right there on the ice. But anyway, good for them!!! So happy that they are happy!!!

Well, no one can be equally gifted in every area. :p

Congrats to them! May their partnership be as joyous off ice as on!

Tigger

Final Flight
LOL SpunSilver!!

That thought also crossed my mind when I saw him go down after their FS, but as someone else said, then Xue did as well, so I didn't think anything more about it.

Congratulations to the two of them and all the best in their lives together.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Then she got down too and I think that threw him off.

I wonder if it was a "not here and now Honbo." ????

Big "if" but just a thought.

Congratulations if this turns out true - I still have not seen confirmation yet, but have a feeling it is true.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay!! I am so happy for them. When he looks at her, you can tell. :love: :love:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
^Thanks, those are darling pictures. It does seem to me that she knows what is going on in Hungbo's mind if this is all true. Can't wait to hear for sure - even though it seems to be true...???? You hear these types of things and until there is a witnessed, article or quote......

They have looked like a great couple for a long time now. Why go and change everything by getting married?:laugh: J/K

hongligl

Final Flight
Hi guys! you're fast! I rushed over here immediately after I read the news and it's already posted. Just a little bit more details:

Zhao planned ahead to propose after they finish the LP. He didn't tell Xue because he did not want to distract her and thought that it would not be romantic to let her know (comment: that's for sure). Xue kneeled down and he couldn't do it any more. He's planning to do it again and he's thinking about when and how. Their coach and teamate have been laughing and teasing Hongbo all day for planning so hard and trying in vain :)

Xue confirmed that they've being kind of dating but didn't know Hongbo would propose at such an occasion. She is very happy that Hongbo made it official. When asked how she feels being Hongbo's fiancee she replied that she hadn't had time to really think about it yet. She said that she knew they would make it official some day but once the day comes, it is a bit difficult to adapt to, the different role I guess.

So cute! Congratulations!!!! I wish they have a boy and a girl and give us another great pair:) dreaming:love:

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Zhao planned ahead to propose after they finish the LP. He didn't tell Xue because he did not want to distract her and thought that it would not be romantic to let her know (comment: that's for sure). Xue kneeled down and he couldn't do it any more. He's planning to do it again and he's thinking about when and how.

Maybe he will do it at the exhibition.