Shen & Zhao are getting married next year | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shen & Zhao are getting married next year

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wonder if it was a "not here and now Honbo." ????

Big "if" but just a thought.

Congratulations if this turns out true - I still have not seen confirmation yet, but have a feeling it is true.

awwwwwwww but on ice proposals are the best

just ask Kurt Browning

or Scott Hamilton....

or Naomi Lang (can't remember her guy's name or I'd have named him instead lol)

congrats to the happy couple!!! they deserve it! :agree:

Diana Mae

Spectator
Oh my goodness! I sooooooo wish it had have worked! That would have been such a memorable moment for both them and us from these World Championships.

zyyr

Spectator
I'm soooooo happy for them! They make a wonderful couple!:rock: Wish they'll live happily ever after!!!:love:

kyla2

Final Flight
Congrats!!!

I hope they live happily ever after. They are a very special couple and the greatest pairs skaters of all time , IMO.

melodies

Rinkside
Hi guys! you're fast! I rushed over here immediately after I read the news and it's already posted. Just a little bit more details:

Zhao planned ahead to propose after they finish the LP. He didn't tell Xue because he did not want to distract her and thought that it would not be romantic to let her know (comment: that's for sure). Xue kneeled down and he couldn't do it any more. He's planning to do it again and he's thinking about when and how. Their coach and teamate have been laughing and teasing Hongbo all day for planning so hard and trying in vain :)

Xue confirmed that they've being kind of dating but didn't know Hongbo would propose at such an occasion. She is very happy that Hongbo made it official. When asked how she feels being Hongbo's fiancee she replied that she hadn't had time to really think about it yet. She said that she knew they would make it official some day but once the day comes, it is a bit difficult to adapt to, the different role I guess.

So cute! Congratulations!!!! I wish they have a boy and a girl and give us another great pair:) dreaming:love:

I think he will propose again during the exhibtion gala!
hoho

Jhar55

Medalist
Guess he should have had a ring hidden in his costume somewhere and pulled it out while kneeling on the ice. :laugh:
Congrats to them both they look like a very happy couple.

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Thanks for posting that article, discoduck! I knew S&Z used to be a couple off the ice a while back and broke up, but I had no idea they got back together off the ice, let alone engaged, so I'm very surprised and happy to hear this news! :clap:

Congratulations and all the happiness in the world to them...and now I'll have to watch the last few seconds of their LP a little more closely!

jennylovskt

Medalist
Congratulations to Shen&Zhao! I am so happy for them both on ice and off! What a perfect ending! How romantic! All good wishes to them!

quof

Rinkside
I don't think "getting down on one knee" and "engagement rings" are particularly traditions outside of North America, are they?

jennylovskt

Medalist
I don't think "getting down on one knee" and "engagement rings" are particularly traditions outside of North America, are they?

I think it's an European Culture based tradition, but it has been adopted by other culture.

Mechols

Spectator
Official site in English???

Maybe someone can help me with something - do Shen and Zhao have a site, an official one, in English??? My Chinese is a little rusty!!

What I'm really looking for is an address for fan mail for them - I think they are absolutely fantastic - they make me cry they are so beautiful on the ice!!!

Thanks a bunch!! Mechols

hongligl

Final Flight
Maybe someone can help me with something - do Shen and Zhao have a site, an official one, in English??? My Chinese is a little rusty!!

What I'm really looking for is an address for fan mail for them - I think they are absolutely fantastic - they make me cry they are so beautiful on the ice!!!

Thanks a bunch!! Mechols

As far as I know they don't have an english site. Here is the email address of their official webmaster: [email protected]. She's pretty good in relaying info.