Shoma Uno to train under Lambiel | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno to train under Lambiel

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
What a difference it makes having a coach, especially one as supportive as Lambiel.

Shoma looked happy and relaxed for the first time in months.
He wasn't perfect but it was good enough to win.

slider11

Medalist
I am amazed at Shoma's progress in the past month. He does look so relaxed. Lambiel was supportive and pleasant with him but did not gush when he won Japanese Nationals. It's that type of steady, even coaching that is so beneficial to skaters like Shoma. I wonder if Gracie Gold should give him a try? She knows how to do the jumps she just needs the right guidance and support - like Stephane! Maybe not this year but next?

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Yeah, and 2*2=4. How could he being not assigned? In the very worst case he's still number 2. Sorry, number 1 or 2.

At the very worst, he's number one. He's the national champion. He gets the first spot.
Nonetheless, the post you quoted didn't warrant such a reaction. It was just a report of the official announcement.

zounger

Medalist
Good choice for Shoma, he will learn and achieve a lot with this collaboration (and the opposite as well).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
For those looking to start a new Shoma blog, 3A1Eu1F dot com is still available!

Lmao! He didn’t even need the 3F. But we definitely need this website to be a thing. First skater in history to land it! Although he’ll need to do that in an ISU competition first for it to be ratified. :laugh:

wintersmith

Rinkside
“I never thought I would meet a coach whom I can appreciate to the extent I appreciated Coach Mihoko Higuchi”, Shoma Uno said of Stephane Lambiel just after winning nationals.
https://twitter.com/kokomadekokomo/status/1209074122375876608?s=19

If my Japanese is correct, which it might not be, he also said that Stephane made him realise the fun of skating. I'm not surprised, he looks like he's having fun and he was pretty much relaxing to watch in the japanese nationals ex. Him (and Hanyu) owned their skates. Super fun to see!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
That is a very important thing to have, that joy and love for skating. Without it things become an uphill struggle and motivation suffers.
Shoma genuinely looked like he was having a blast instead of just trying to get through it.