Shoma Uno to train under Lambiel | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno to train under Lambiel

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
That was a wonderful sp-performance, WOW!!! Feeling very happy for Shoma...

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Shoma is such a little cutie, his reaction to his skate made me go AWWWWWWWWWW...and I feel so creepy saying that as I'm a woman in my 30s :laugh:

readernick

Medalist
Shoma is such a little cutie, his reaction to his skate made me go AWWWWWWWWWW...and I feel so creepy saying that as I'm a woman in my 30s :laugh:

On this I can only wholeheartedly agree, (as another woman in her 30s) Shoma is the cutest human. My reaction to him also makes me feel a bit creepy. But, his face looks like a baby. I am maternal. I can't help it.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a wonderful sp-performance, WOW!!! Feeling very happy for Shoma...

I see an improved landing position on jumps, less early opening and dropping of the free hip and more checking of rotation. Stephane always had a very nice check position as a competitor and seems to have made some small corrections for Shoma that really seem to have helped. I see a very fruitful beginning to this partnership. Bravo!

RoyThree

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Shoma seemed so much more relaxed than earlier in the season, and who cannot just love that reaction at the end. So much genuine joy. Love it.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Of course, it's the one that Shoma has won for all three years prior without him...

Yes. However, who would have thought before nationals that Shoma would win considering the tough GP season he had without a coach and that he would recover so fast from that? Also the last three Japanese Nationals were without Yuzuru. This is I believe the first time Shoma beat Yuzuru, so I imagine it is a great accomplishment for Shoma to defend his title.

noskates

Record Breaker
This is awesome. I'm very happy for Shoma for kicking whatever yips plagued him this season and for finally putting it all together. Stephane is already having a positive, calming effect on him.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
This is awesome. I'm very happy for Shoma for kicking whatever yips plagued him this season and for finally putting it all together.

Oh, he's still got yips. He just had less yips than Hanyu had on this particular day.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congratulations Shoma! Beating the reigning NHK trophy champion, and winning his 4th Nationals in a row!!! The jumps were fought for but the program was beautifully performed and should give him renewed confidence. He definitely has a shot to be back on the World podium!

ruga

Final Flight
I'm really happy for Shoma! I'm not really into Men's skating, but seeing him crying alone in France really broke my heart. And now he won JNats with pretty good score! Today's skate wasn't as perfect as on Friday, but he showed his character and fought for all elements. And it's great that he found a coach who fits his needs and abilities.