Silverstein and O'Meara | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Silverstein and O'Meara

Kasey

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Didn't they say they were retiring after nationals?

I think one of them had an Ivy league college 'on hold' for a year or so. Their official website is closed, so I am assuming they are done.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kasey said:
I think one of them had an Ivy league college 'on hold' for a year or so. Their official website is closed, so I am assuming they are done.

IIRC it was David who was going to some Ivy League school, but I could be wrong, I didn't really follow their skating.

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Interesting observation, Vash. I agree something had to be going on to have such dramatic turns. Will we ever know the true story? Also we haven't looked at the possibility that Ryun didn't want to continue.

M&Z, btw, were a huge disappointment at Worlds. I think Stiegler & M. and Bomentre and his partner will be more interesting to look at for 2007. I haven't given up on G-R and M either. It should be a good Nats for the US Dance teams.

Joe

I doubt that we will ever know the true story. Again, going back to that interview before the Olympics Jamie and Ryan spoke very positively about each other. It really sounded like they would be skating together for a long time. I cannot imagine why Ryan suddenly would not want to continue. IMO Jamie was more likely to give up after the Olympics, given her history. Again, this is just speculation on my part.

I would love to see Stiegler-M. develop into a top dance team.

Vash

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Vash01 said:
I would love to see Stiegler-M. develop into a top dance team.

Vash

I agree! They are a gorgeous couple, extrememly musical with beautiful lines. They have the best dance spins in the world, IMHO, and their lifts are stunning. Even though they dropped in the National rankings this year, they made a lot of improvements and I'm sure they will continue to do so.