Skate Guard Dilemma | Golden Skate

Skate Guard Dilemma

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This has to do more with skating equipment than anything. Skate guards, what can one say except that they are an essential piece of equipment for a skater. My dilema is one of my skate guards is broken and I cannot find a decent pair of skate guards to save my life. What is with these hokey guards, I keep coming across? In my skating days, we had guards that were all one piece either made of soft rubber or hard plastic. Now all I can find are these strange looking things that have to be put together. What happened to the old skate guards of yore?

Sigh......... :eek:hwell:

Ladskater, I am moving this thread to the Lutz Corner, where people are likely to give practical advice about finding equipment. OK?

Mathman

backspin

On the Ice
The 2-piece ones are much better! they stay on much more securely. If you ask, the people at the shop should put them together & get them sized right for you (usually they have to be cut down). :party2:

GordonSk8erBoi

Rinkside
I like the two-piece ones as well. I did a half-n-half thing so my are half black and half metallic purple.

You can get them at Rainbo Sports and lots of other places too.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi Lad! I have the old fashion type, just one piece that fits over the blade. I just bought them at my pro shop. I also have a catalog from Rainbow Sports and they have both kinds 1 piece and 2 piece. Go to rainbosports.com and check it out.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
Hi Lad! I have the old fashion type, just one piece that fits over the blade. I just bought them at my pro shop. I also have a catalog from Rainbow Sports and they have both kinds 1 piece and 2 piece. Go to rainbosports.com and check it out.

Thanks. good to know

hankykeely

Spectator
The 2 piece guards can get stretched out but you can readjust them, all you need is a screwdriver. Its annoying but sort of a fact of life that if you walk around in them, they stretch. Of course, mine usually get lost before they have a chance to get stretched out! lol.