Skates and blades for adult starting single jumps? | Golden Skate

Skates and blades for adult starting single jumps?

catherine_gjx

Spectator
Hi all, I'm 5'3 and 55kg, just got my waltz and starting on single jumps. My coach recommended me Risport Electra with MK Flight and I went to a fitter. The boots fit me well but they don't have MK Flight blade in stock. Instead, they have Sterling mounted to Risport Electra. I know nothing of this blade and would appreciate any insights on this blade or if Risport Electra is going to be stiff enough for me.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi all, I'm 5'3 and 55kg, just got my waltz and starting on single jumps. My coach recommended me Risport Electra with MK Flight and I went to a fitter. The boots fit me well but they don't have MK Flight blade in stock. Instead, they have Sterling mounted to Risport Electra. I know nothing of this blade and would appreciate any insights on this blade or if Risport Electra is going to be stiff enough for me.
Electra should be fine, that is if your foot works with Risport and were told that by a proper fitter. I would not choose either of those blades and would look into MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace. There are other blades that would also serve you better and I can suggest them if you would like, they aren't my first choice for recommending, but could do if you couldn't get into Pro or Coro Ace due to manufacturing and supply times.

catherine_gjx

Spectator
Electra should be fine, that is if your foot works with Risport and were told that by a proper fitter. I would not choose either of those blades and would look into MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace. There are other blades that would also serve you better and I can suggest them if you would like, they aren't my first choice for recommending, but could do if you couldn't get into Pro or Coro Ace due to manufacturing and supply times.
Hi, thank you for this reply. Can I ask why you suggested against MK Flight and sterling?