Skating With Celebrities! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

Linny

Final Flight
face plant

No, Lloyd should be ashamed of himself. Kristy could have been hurt even more. He should not be taking these risks.

And Dave should be thrown out for chucking Nancy so hard that she almost spatted in the competition and actually did - several times - in the practices.

My husband and I are enjoying this. No Code of Points.

Linny

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I could not believe that that awful (IMHO) "program" by Eisler and his partner outscored Browning and his partner. Eisler's partner fell, for Pete's sakes, and Browning and his partner did a good job of staying on their feet.

I had a harder time believing that Nancy and David outskated Eisler and Browning.........They wuz both robbed!!!!:rofl: 42

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
cutiepatutie said:
So say if my cousin lives next door to Sasha then I shouldn't talk to her anymore because Sasha falls and the skaters on this show falls and Mr Nicks calls them on it, it is Sasha's fault? now my cousin might fall and it is all Nr. Nicks fault right or is it Sasha's fault too? I don't get it.:scratch:
That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. Where did I ever BLAME Sasha for anything?

orchid

On the Ice
orchid said:
Hmmmm, Mr. Nicks as a judge!. Wee-llll, this thing started to tape in late October, just about the time Mz. Cohen reevaluated her skating performances and practices. Hmmm, a introspective revelation she had, or was it ?

Another point Missed.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
cutiepatutie said:
So say if my cousin lives next door to Sasha then I shouldn't talk to her anymore because Sasha falls and the skaters on this show falls and Mr Nicks calls them on it, it is Sasha's fault? now my cousin might fall and it is all Nr. Nicks fault right or is it Sasha's fault too? I don't get it.:scratch:

Of course it's not Sasha's fault! It's never the skater's fault. If your cousin falls and you don't say anything, but you say something when Sasha falls, then it's all your fault. So will you please stop making Sasha fall?:mad: How can you be so cruel? ;)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been asking people at work who have been watching the show if they thought it was hurting firgure skating. Our marketing person said.....no, she thought if anything it is getting the word out that figure skating is a difficult sport.

Dee :)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
millie said:
I also heard that Sasha's sorry for poisioning Dancing Diva's cat.:rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
...and I heard that after she poisoned that cat, she "shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die".
xoxo
Rave

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This has to be one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen. For one thing, why are all the ladies (except Tai Babilonia) so out of shape? Nancy Kerrigan had her second child within the past year, so she has an excuse, but the other ladies (the non-skaters) all look so eh. Are they wearing padding to protect them from falls?

S

SkateFan4Life

My question is -- how in the world will this program continue to be a one-hour television broadcast, since a pair is being eliminated every week?

What will the final show be? Interviews with the competitors about their philosophy of training, their families, careers, etc.? :rofl:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
SkateFan4Life said:
My question is -- how in the world will this program continue to be a one-hour television broadcast, since a pair is being eliminated every week?

What will the final show be? Interviews with the competitors about their philosophy of training, their families, careers, etc.? :rofl:

Deborah said something about coming back to "help". IMO, that can only mean one thing :eek: musical guests. Maybe they will have to skate to "live" music. (We need an icon that depicts abject cowering in the face of an overwhelming horror!) I don't think Deborah would be coming back to help out with lunge technique.

Last edited:
chuckm said:
This has to be one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen. For one thing, why are all the ladies (except Tai Babilonia) so out of shape? Nancy Kerrigan had her second child within the past year, so she has an excuse, but the other ladies (the non-skaters) all look so eh. Are they wearing padding to protect them from falls?
They look like ordinary people, which they are, rather than trained athletes.

Alsace

On the Ice
John's partner looked very slender, but the others probably wear about a size 6 or 8 or 10. Still slim.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
\

Go Tai and Bruce! An unlikely couple, to be sure! :clap:

Only one problem, Bruce can't even stand up on his skates, let alone skate. She does all the skating for both of them. Overrated - I think Bruce is paying the judges.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Confession time. As a teen in the mid-80's I was quite smitten with Debbie Gibson. I saw her twice in concert from the front row, much to the dismay of many of my "metalhead" friends. Of course her star quickly flamed out but I never forgot her. When I heard that she was going to be on this show, I was understandably quite interested. Especially when I heard that she would be skating with Kurt! Personally I think they got ripped off in the last show. It was clear that they weren't going to win the whole thing because Kurt quite simply can't do the big tricks like the other guys, but Nancy and Dave have been just horrible every time out if you ask me!

Oh well, at least I got to see "Deborah" again. It's nice to see that I had excellent taste as a kid. She is still a real beauty! :love:

JOHIO2

Medalist
chuckm said:
My theory - the non-skaters are non-skaters. If you hang around any skating competition, you'll notice a distinct trend toward very short, small framed girls skating. If I put one of my smaller friends next to a skater, say Tanith Belbin, she would look large. Even male skaters are small. My son went to school with Tim Goebel and part of the reason he got teased was because he was shorter than many and very slim (Of course, my son also said he was a smart-alec snob figure skater with a lisp. Naturally the rest of us made fun of him! Blame my kid - Tim called him a slacker, which he was in high school.)

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Even male skaters are small.

I had the opportunity to meet Kurt and Brian Orser last year. I am not taller than many people but I am happy to say that I have these two shrimps beat. :laugh:

isk82

On the Ice
"Real" skaters are very small. I'm sure that Kristy Swanson, Jillian Barberie, etc are also small, but compared to figure skaters, they look huge. Even small girls at our local rink look heavier in a skating dress than in their black workout pants. I'm sure if you saw Emily Hughes standing next to you in line at the store she would look tiny, but on TV and in a skating dress she looks bigger. It's all an illusion..................

zilam98

Rinkside
SkateFan4Life said:
Suggestion - If they want to escalate the ratings, they should bring in the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Mick Jagger, and Paul McCartney. They could pair these guys with Kristi Yamaguchi, Yuka Sato, Tai Babilonia, Jamie Sele, and Katia Gordeeva. These ladies have all skated pairs at some portion of their wonderful skating careers, in some cases throughout their entire skating careers, so they would be excellent partners.

Great ideas! I would especially love to see Katia Gordeeva! I can't wait to see her skate with a celebrity. Who would be perfect for her?

euterpe

Medalist
Emily is 5'6", not little. She would tower over me. But when I was 17 (her age), I was much tinier (a size 4 taken in) than Emily, and I was no athlete. Emily looked quite large on the podium compared to Cohen, Meissner and Taylor. She is not a typical lady figure skater.

I watched my Nationals tapes again last night. What I found most distracting was that in the FS, Emily's underwear was peeking out from under her tights. Didn't her coach make sure everything was tucked in properly before she skated?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Today I went to my rink to skate and found out the adult sesson was cancelled because someone was renting the ice. Well the someones were Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson practicing their skating for "Skating With Celebrities". I just walk into the rink and asked if they would mind if I watch. I think I surprised them because they didn't say no! :laugh: For someone who hasn't skated before, Kristy is pretty good. She jumps left handed and Lloyd has to jump that way too even though he jumps the other way.