So what happened with Jeff? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So what happened with Jeff?

Sorry Ladskater but there was no specific thread to critique the whole compeition. As I said before, Jeff had a terriffic SP and lost it in the LP.The program is the best I've seen this year and if judges have an ounce of artistic taste, he should win the Olys if he can do that Wagner. But e-man has the edge with the almighty quad, and that is exactly where the judges are at and that carries over into the PCS scores.

Kasey - I look forward to Griazev's COC skate. He must have hit his quad to make the rest of the skate bearable. But there is nothing special about seeing yet another Toreador to Carmen. The pseudo Spanish poses look pseudo. What can I tell you. TT uses standards and she's pushing him, imo. The kid needs to develop a style. He should practice to something like Lieberstraum just to see if he feels that. He's not among my favorites but Klimkin is and I hope Ilia makes the Olys.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Emma - Rain is correct. when watching skating LIVE, the sense of a whole arena is before you. The TV shows the skater as the camera follows him. It doesn't get caught up in the audience emotions which the live skate does. Johnny's SP was not up to par and you could feel that throughout the audience as well.

Joe

yeah I can say that at nationals this past year I could totally tell the difference... LIVE Johnny's long program was great up until the "stumble" in the footwork... then the audience all died with him

however it's still very exciting on TV :unsure: strange how that works

Kasey

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Sorry Ladskater but there was no specific thread to critique the whole compeition. As I said before, Jeff had a terriffic SP and lost it in the LP.The program is the best I've seen this year and if judges have an ounce of artistic taste, he should win the Olys if he can do that Wagner. But e-man has the edge with the almighty quad, and that is exactly where the judges are at and that carries over into the PCS scores.

But it DIDN'T carry over into PCS scores, because Jeff, with that horrifically bad performance of what can be a great program, outscored the reletively clean, interesting Eman.

Kasey said:
But it DIDN'T carry over into PCS scores, because Jeff, with that horrifically bad performance of what can be a great program, outscored the reletively clean, interesting Eman.
That's exactly what got Jeff his silver medal. The program is great and he did do it justice except for the tricks. Wait till next time:cool:

Joe