South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 29 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

sabinbenea

Rinkside
Judging in figure skating is miserable. South Korean skating federation and all federations should complain. Almost nobody looking at figure skating because of them.

fruitbasket

Rinkside
I've checked the FS protocols from WC 2014, and astoundingly So Youn's TES is the 5th highest. The difference between 1st and the 5th is meager 3 points. (67 v. 64, Pogs got the highest)

3 points. Think about that. How many "incompetent" tech calls or judges with questionable backgrounds do you think would be needed to close that 3 point gap? *shudder* Give So Youn 9.50 PCS all around for "skating her heart out" and "thrilling the audience," and all it takes is a few "incompetent" tech calls against the other contenders. Heck, So Youn received level 2 for her step sequence so giving her level 4 for her steps will instantly reduce that gap to below 2 points. At that point a single wrong edge call can change the color of medal.

P.S. Not to discredit So Youn's wonderful debut - to the contrary I was very impressed by her performance. I just don't think she's a gold medal contender yet.

so youn needs a lot of work to do... polish her skating skills and improve her tech./ body strength.. she continues to compete internationally. i look forward to see her in season 2014-2015.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
Koreans are filing a protest regarding judge panels because Korean Skating Unions didn't protest within one hour after the result was shown.
Why didn't they? No balls? Or what? :laugh:

I don't think Koreans will file anything but I want them to. I want to have more fun with this soap drama. I want to see how Pissev and ISU are saying: you don't like the wife of official on panel but you sent your official on panel in 2010. I want the world to see again what Koreans want- to work system for them only. Fair is only what is good for Yuna. Conflict of interest doesn't matter if it works for Yuna's favor and her country.

Still nobody answered my question: what facts or events Koreans found out within 60 days (besides the result that they had no balls to protest on time)? Without the said facts or events they have no case. Then what are they going to file? Anybody knows?

cooper

Medalist
Why didn't they? No balls? Or what? :laugh:

I don't think Koreans will file anything but I want them to. I want to have more fun with this soap drama. I want to see how Pissev and ISU are saying: you don't like the wife of official on panel but you sent your official on panel in 2010. I want the world to see again what Koreans want- to work system for them only. Fair is only what is good for Yuna. Conflict of interest doesn't matter if it works for Yuna's favor and her country.

Still nobody answered my question: what facts or events Koreans found out within 60 days (besides the result that they had no balls to protest on time)? Without the said facts or events they have no case. Then what are they going to file? Anybody knows?

have you read the entire complaint already???

pec0

Match Penalty
have you read the entire complaint already???

I do not believe Koreans file either. Pak So Yong just needs the same system as Kim. Pak got largest GOE that barely squeezed her into 9th of 2014 World.

cooper

Medalist
I do not believe Koreans file either. Pak So Yong just needs the same system as Kim. Pak got largest GOE that barely squeezed her into 9th of 2014 World.

that's why.. we don't know the content of that complaint.. we only read statements etc..

as for park.. well.. she didn't make a single mistake.. not even a 2 footed jump.. the british eurosport commentators mentioned that she has a very good technique in her jumps... it's her pcs that she needs to improve.. if she wants to be at least in conversation as next to watch..

pec0

Match Penalty
that's why.. we don't know the content of that complaint.. we only read statements etc..

as for park.. well.. she didn't make a single mistake.. not even a 2 footed jump.. the british eurosport commentators mentioned that she has a very good technique in her jumps... it's her pcs that she needs to improve.. if she wants to be at least in conversation as next to watch..

Please explain how Pak could be so highly evaluated by the judges?
GOE Scores of Panel-Base Value
So Youn PARK 7.49 64.09-56.60
Ashley WAGNER 6.91 63.64-56.73
Julia LIPNITSKAIA 6.66 65.57-58.91
Carolina KOSTNER6.38 53.81-47.43
Polina EDMUNDS 5.49 66.39-60.90
Mao Asada 5.82 65.27-59.45
Akiko SUZUKI 4.32 55.57-51.25
Kanako Murakami-0.60 51.69-52.29

bara1968

On the Ice
!??? @pec0 Soyoun did not make a single mistake and she had beautiful jumps without any edge calls. All the ladies you mentioned got negative GOEs from edge calls, falls, URs etc. it's not like she got better GOE than some cleaner ladies. I actually thought that her PCS was too low, considering how beautiful her performance was.

pec0

Match Penalty
Because she's Korean? It's their destiny.

It IS true Koreans say Japanese are inferior to them because Japan is small islands and Korea is peninsula consisting Chinese continent, therefore Korean should be placed before Japanese. No joke.

bara1968

On the Ice
It IS true Koreans say Japanese are inferior to them because Japan is small islands and Korea is peninsula consisting Chinese continent, therefore Korean should be placed before Japanese. No joke.

Don't you think that this is absolutely unnecessary, biased, offensive comments? By the way, are you claiming that this is the reason why Soyoun got better GOE? :laugh:

pec0

Match Penalty
I think GOEs are not only to deduct but it also adds to good performance. I GUESS judges closed shut their eyes with pourpose to ignore good performance of unfavoured contenders based on some intent.

cooper

Medalist
Please explain how Pak could be so highly evaluated by the judges?
GOE Scores of Panel-Base Value
So Youn PARK 7.49 64.09-56.60
Ashley WAGNER 6.91 63.64-56.73
Julia LIPNITSKAIA 6.66 65.57-58.91
Carolina KOSTNER6.38 53.81-47.43
Polina EDMUNDS 5.49 66.39-60.90
Mao Asada 5.82 65.27-59.45
Akiko SUZUKI 4.32 55.57-51.25
Kanako Murakami-0.60 51.69-52.29

wth?? those skaters you mentioned made mistakes.. park didn't.. they were hit by edge calls.. and urs.. and not to mention there was NO korean judge in the panel..not even in the technical panel.. :rolleye:

I think GOEs are not only to deduct but it also adds to good performance. I GUESS judges closed shut their eyes with pourpose to ignore good performance of unfavoured contenders based on some intent.

huh?? :laugh:

hurrah

Medalist

I personally don't see this as a Korea vs. Japanese issue. After all, there were figure skaters of other nationalities that competed at the Worlds. But if Park's atypical high score is an indication of the Korean superiority, I suppose Koreans are superior to Russians, Americans... you name it.

I'm pretty sure Polina Edmunds' jumps were superior in quality to So Young Park's, and yet, she got lower scores. Often, the explanation when a lower-tier skater gets lower scores for better jumps is that they are lower tiered, and they have poorer skating skills, etc. etc. But you know, if you're Korean, this rule doesn't apply. Right? It's COP destiny!! The Korean Uncle Sam wants it that-a-way!

cooper

Medalist
so i guess this thread is now turning into japan vs korea again.. how predictable..

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am not Japanese, not Korean. As an outsider, I think of the whole fiasco between these 2 countries' uber nationalists is stupid. Why don't you guy shut up already, spare us please. Neither of you is top of the world or inferior to each other. The whole thing is annoying. Go away if you wanna play the game of extreme nationalism.

hurrah

Medalist
I am not Japanese, not Korean. As an outsider, I think of the whole fiasco between these 2 countries' uber nationalists is stupid. Why don't you guy shut up already, spare us please. Neither of you is top of the world or inferior to each other. The whole thing is annoying. Go away if you wanna play the game of extreme nationalism.

This isn't about nationalism at all. It's about money, money, money. Some fat old men, some Italian, some French, some whatever country they happen to be from, wanting to pocket more retirement funds than they need, and they don't care if the money's Korean, Russian, or whatever currency. It does so happen to be that the main corporation that's sponsoring skating is Korean.

And posters who bring up fans' uber-nationalism (as if that is the problem) are simply cooperating with these fat old men to try and cover up the trail of money.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This isn't about nationalism at all. It's about money, money, money. Some fat old men, some Italian, some French, some whatever country they happen to be from, wanting to pocket more retirement funds than they need, and the main corporation offering it happens to be Korean.

And posters who bring up fans' uber-nationalism are simply cooperating with these fat old men.

I get what you mean. I just want to say no to whoever wanna bring up the whole Japan vs Korea to this thread because I am so tired of it. Those extreme nationalists populated ISU Facebook so I have to run to this forum, you know.:slink: