South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 35 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

qwertyskates

Medalist
#4 already has been proved. Look at the thread where all of the steps/turns are listed. #2 and #3 are not hard to see. Like, at all. The only way to further prove it would be to make a video that measures her rotations so that you will no longer have any possible way to keep trolling like you have been.

Watched the Sochi performances several times, it's not hard to see and Yuna's stsq didn't have all the balance-affecting upper body movements for 1/3 of the sequence compared to Adelina's and Caro's, she was mostly upright, with arm movements and it was also slower with pauses that weren't fitting the music.

Instead of insulting, can you back up your allegations with other experts who claimed the same with an analysis breakdown of her stsq to prove Tech Panel made a wrong call?

qwertyskates

Medalist
Are Tim Gerber and his comrades who are in ISU technical panels koreans?
http://www.insideskating.net/2014/0...-people-deserve-to-know-if-a-mistake-was-made

No, but they are Yuna ubers, as stated in my post. :biggrin:

Edit: According to article

Who is Tim Gerber, the author of the letter to ISU

"Did you actually use your knowledge in a figure skating technical panel?
I have not participated as a technical panel member for any ISU events and I am not currently working with any skaters, but I have done some coaching and choreography for low-level skaters in the past.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Who knows what nationality anyone on the Internet is? Jesse Helms is the name of a famous US Senator. It is likely a pseudonym. However, a name tells you nothing. I am not Polish, but my husband is. I just met a guy whose last name is Yo. He is German. His grandparents had their last name misspelled by immigration people when they moved to the US.

cooper

Medalist
No, but they are Yuna ubers, as stated in my post. :biggrin:

Edit: According to article

you are reaching for an excuse.. bop made his case.. while you just shrug it off because you simply don't know anything..just admit it.. heck i admit i'm not the greatest expert of figure skating.. but here you are trying desperately by saying that he is a yuna uber when in fact when you read his past posts he is not..

Symmetry

Rinkside
Watched the Sochi performances several times, it's not hard to see and Yuna's stsq didn't have all the balance-affecting upper body movements for 1/3 of the sequence compared to Adelina's and Caro's, she was mostly upright, with arm movements and it was also slower with pauses that weren't fitting the music.

Instead of insulting, can you back up your allegations with other experts who claimed the same with an analysis breakdown of her stsq to prove Tech Panel made a wrong call?

Based on what I have read, BoP laid out his analysis better than anyone including any ISU officials or TV commentators. If you don't agree with his analysis (which is totally fine), why don't you make a counter argument point by point based on what he wrote? Without it, you are the one who is insulting someone's work.

Also, BoP is far from being a Yuna uber.

qwertyskates

Medalist
you are reaching for an excuse.. bop made his case.. while you just shrug it off because you simply don't know anything..just admit it.. heck i admit i'm not the greatest expert of figure skating.. but here you are trying desperately by saying that he is a yuna uber when in fact when you read his past posts he is not..

I don't buy BoP's case for Yuna's stsq, he said #2 and #3 are visible, and visibly, to me, she did not meet those criteria. Just as he doesn't agree with the Sochi Tech Panel's call, I don't agree with his. There is no "desperation" here, except maybe from you. Many of us, including many media and fs experts saw the exact same skates and agreed with the results of Sochi, including those from the NYTimes, Christian Science Monitor, etc. There is no "shrugging off", but you are trying to make it sound like there is a majority opinion out there that thinks like you. I don't, and a few voices on The Wire, Japan Times, don't constitute a majority opinion.

I enjoyed Adelina's skate and feel it is better than Yuna's. Even Caro skated better, tbh. However, I will not fight for Caro to receive Silver, and notice that the Italians didn't threaten Adelina or deface her social media sites either.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Based on what I have read, BoP laid out his analysis better than anyone including any ISU officials or TV commentators. If you don't agree with his analysis (which is totally fine), why don't you make a counter argument point by point based on what he wrote? Without it, you are the one who is insulting someone's work.

Also, BoP is far from being a Yuna uber.

It's funny, you are making the allegations of fraud, you are obliged to produce proof that fraud happened, not the other way round. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, remember? BoP tried, I don't agree, to me Yuna didn't fulfill the criteria, therefore I agreed with Tech Panel's call. This is creepy obsession, tbh.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I don't buy BoP's case for Yuna's stsq, just as he doesn't agree with the Sochi Tech Panel's call. There is no "desperation" here, except maybe from you. Many of us, including many media and fs experts saw the exact same skates and agreed with the results of Sochi, including those from the NYTimes, Christian Science Monitor, etc. There is no "shrugging off", but you are trying to make it sound like there is a majority opinion out there that thinks like you. I don't, and a few voices on The Wire, Japan Times, don't constitute a majority opinion.

I enjoyed Adelina's skate and feel it is better than Yuna's. Even Caro skated better, tbh.

That article from NYT is full of manipulated photos. Every photo/image in there is manipulated to justify Adelina's win. As someone who know graphics, I can attest to that. Just look at the start of the arrow on Adelina's take off on her 2A-3T. The arrow started on her free leg and not on the actual start of her take -off to make it look like she jumped higher. That's pretty crappy of them. If you believed that and you know about fs or graphics then, sorry but I'm gonna say you're either in denial or blind.

qwertyskates

Medalist
That article from NYT is full of manipulated photos. Every photo/image in there is manipulated to justify Adelina's win. As someone who know graphics, I can attest to that. Just look at the start of the arrow on Adelina's take off on her 2A-3T. The arrow started on her free leg and not on the actual start of her take -off to make it look like she jumped higher. That's pretty crappy of them. If you believed that and you know about fs or graphics then, sorry but I'm gonna say you're either in denial or blind.

Wow....incredible....you are now making allegations against the NYT??? That the NYT cared so much for Russia and Adelina's gold they would stoop to fraud? My....like I said, creepy.

Look, I didn't come to my conclusion because of the NYT photos, I came to my conclusion based on what I saw, and to allege that the general press and experts are resorting to fraud, as if there is a Global Conspiracy to deprive Yuna of gold, this is getting really absurd, and too paranoid.

whatif

Medalist
Edit: According to article "Did you actually use your knowledge in a figure skating technical panel?
I have not participated as a technical panel member for any ISU events and I am not currently working with any skaters, but I have done some coaching and choreography for low-level skaters in the past.
He never done any coaching. That's a lie. He is just an arm chair judge, who never professionally trained nor competed. Just an anti-Russian troll.

Symmetry

Rinkside
It's funny, you are making the allegations of fraud, you are obliged to produce proof that fraud happened, not the other way round. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, remember? BoP tried, I don't agree, to me Yuna didn't fulfill the criteria, therefore I agreed with Tech Panel's call. This is creepy obsession, tbh.

He was confident enough to release his identity, had his letter publicly accessible, and sent his letter to the ISU. On the other hand, what did ISU do? No one explained questions raised. The president made a vague comment that Judges are humans and make mistakes.

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you agree with the call because it was made by the Panel. What all I say is, if you wish to defend the Panel's call, do it more analytically so that people can understand how the tech panel made that call. In the ideal world, the ISU official, not you, should have answered.

whatif

Medalist
He was confident enough to release his identity, had his letter publicly accessible, and sent his letter to the ISU. On the other hand, what did ISU do? No one explained questions raised. The president made a vague comment that Judges are humans and make mistakes.

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you agree with the call because it was made by the Panel. What all I say is, if you wish to defend the Panel's call, do it more analytically so that people can understand how the tech panel made that call. In the ideal world, the ISU official, not you, should have answered.

Everyone can challenge panel's calls or judgement. That's what these boards are for. This is judged sport and inherently subjective. But that does not make the said challengers any less biased or free of subjectivity.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As a person who knows digital graphic (I worked for a publishing house), I have to say all the images they use for media are cropped, reimaged and resized to a certain extent. Most of the time, they resize the image just to make it look better (according to their point of view). Sometimes they edit the image so it would be suitable for some nebulous intent. But frankly, some photoshoped images are not enough to call them proofs to prove that NYT are covering something about Sochi. Since it's very difficult to look for an image that hasn't been distorted by the media.

qwertyskates

Medalist

You guys are sounding kinda crazy. I agreed with the Tech Panel's call not because they were the Tech Panel but because I SAW both skates. If the KSU saw the same "fraud" then they would have made a case, they surely have the means, the certified experts and the technology. They threatened to file a formal complaint didn't they? You should send all of your evidence to them, it might be more helpful than to argue with anonymous strangers who are sure where they stand. It is very telling that the KSU didn't.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Everyone can challenge panel's calls or judgement. That's what these boards are for. This is judged sport and inherently subjective. But that does not make the said challengers any less biased or free of subjectivity.

Exactly. It's absurd that to them, opinions are only "objective" when they dovetail with theirs! It's rather fruitless...