Spotlight on Skating Magazine? | Golden Skate

Spotlight on Skating Magazine?

Dyan

On the Ice
Hi!

Does anyone know if Spotlight on Skating is still being published? There hasn't been a new issue for awhile and my subscription hasn't run out yet. I realize that particular magazine only has 5 issues a year but they usually do have an Olympics/Worlds issue.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't have a subscription to Spotlight on Skating, but there definitely was a November/December 2005 issue that featured the 2006 SOI cast on the cover and an article about SOI's 20th anniversary.

Julie O

Rinkside
I have received a communication from SOS in the past month. I had to update my credit card info for them to renew my subscription, so I believe there will be a new issue out soon.
If you have a problem with receiving your copies, you should contact them through their website.
Hope this helps,

Julie

Dyan

On the Ice
Thanks for answering guys. :)

The last issue I received was the one iluvtodd mentioned on the 20th anniversary of SOI. So I guess that means that the lastest issue hasn't come out yet.

CB1AB2 said:
I've never heard of this magazine = is it new ?
No, not at all. It has been around at least since 1999, and maybe long before that.

It is a Candian magazine, which is something of a labor of love and one-lady show by the owner and editor.

In fact, this is my favorite skating magazine. It has very well written articles and features and lots of pictures. If you look at the top of the GS forum main page, you will see that Spotlight on Skating is one of the valued sponsors of this forum.

During the season they sponsor contests on GS where you can win a free subscription by prdicting the winners of different skating events. (I won one for Four Continents a couple of years ago, but I wasn't supposed to tell anyone because we didn't want people to think that the contest was fixed. :laugh: )

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
During the season they sponsor contests on GS where you can win a free subscription by prdicting the winners of different skating events.

Is this still happening? And does anyone know if there will be some contest to win a trip to the 2007 Worlds. I've got the helmet for Tokyo this time:laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I contacted a friend of mine from northern New Jersey who subscribes to SOS, asking her if she has received any other issues since the Nov/Dec 2005 one. She said she has received one more since that issue. BTW, she received the Nov/Dec one either in late February or early March 2006. I wonder if the fact that she is a USA subscriber to a Canadian magazine is a factor as to why she received that issue then. Perhaps Canadian subscribers receive their issues sooner?

ikfan

Rinkside
Sos Mag

I am in Canada and recieved the newest magazine today. It has combined Olympic news and World news! So watch yor mail boxes, :) Annette

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I am canadian and just received last week the latest copy, the one talking about the olympics and worlds.. Great magazine by the way... I have it since the begenning...