Starting walts jump and what skates are good for beginner jumps. | Golden Skate

Starting walts jump and what skates are good for beginner jumps.

orianna

Rinkside

Skating Advice
Hello, I am a teen figure skater that started a year ago. I have been working on moves in the field test and I am going be start jumping soon. I would like some advice. What exerices should I do to get ready for jumps. Also do I need stiffer skates. As of right now I have the jackson artiste skates. I had them since last year. This year I started skating more I been going two times a week with a lesson on the weekend. should I get freestyles or the elles.
Thank you in advance

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Skating Advice
Hello, I am a teen figure skater that started a year ago. I have been working on moves in the field test and I am going be start jumping soon. I would like some advice. What exerices should I do to get ready for jumps. Also do I need stiffer skates. As of right now I have the jackson artiste skates. I had them since last year. This year I started skating more I been going two times a week with a lesson on the weekend. should I get freestyles or the elles.
Thank you in advance
Welcome! Can you tell us more about you and your skating? height/weight/foot type, high/low/normal arches?

You need a pro fitter (not a pro shop) to get properly fit as well. What part of the world are you in, someone here could suggest a proper fitter.

orianna

Rinkside
Welcome! Can you tell us more about you and your skating? height/weight/foot type, high/low/normal arches?

You need a pro fitter (not a pro shop) to get properly fit as well. What part of the world are you in, someone here could suggest a proper fitter.
Thank you for the advice. I am in the US. I am 5'5 and about 160, my feet a somewhere in the middle of thin but not narrow and I haveflat feet. Also what exerises should I do for jumps. Also I did get my current skates from a pro fitter so I am good in that.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you for the advice. I am in the US. I am 5'5 and about 160, my feet a somewhere in the middle of thin but not narrow and I haveflat feet. Also what exerises should I do for jumps. Also I did get my current skates from a pro fitter so I am good in that.
What shape style are your feet?

orianna

Rinkside
Do you by any chance know the town? Also, was the store at an ice rink?
My grandpa just looked up skate shops near us I think it was called greg polar skate shop. I also go to the store in the ice house (my rink)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Personally, as someone that knows that area, the only fitter I would be going to is James at Ice House. Jackson, Risport and possibly Graf are the brands that could work for your foot style. Because of your stats, you are going to need a stiffer boot than is usual for your skating skill level to support weight.

mollymoo1608

Spectator
I would just go with the free styles as they are stiffer than elles. The Elles might not last you long if you’re going a few times a week and improving quickly. The Freestyles are still not that stiff anyway so they are still beginner friendly but they are stiffer than elles so deffo go with them ones otherwise you will be needing to purchase a stiffer boot too soon and will waste your money.