Suggestions for Rachael | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Suggestions for Rachael

flying camel

Medalist
Well if that's true that would be great. Best of luck to Rachael.
I also have to comment about the spins. She can do that scratch spin & beillman spin pretty well. She should try to get as many points from those as she can.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Romantic Rhapsody was my favorite moment last year. It is a perfect vehicle for Rachael, and she will do wonders:rock: I'm more hopeful for her now.

Now all she has to do is wear black gloves and skates, a long-sleeved black dress with a skull on the front, shave her head except for one blue or pink strand, and scowl as consistently as she jumps, and she'll be sure to medal. ;)

nubka

Final Flight
If it was nerves, I would suspect that we would see consistency issues, which is not the case. Perhaps it is something else.

Maybe she's been hanging around and reading these threads... ;)/:cry:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I think she needs a different style of skating dress. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the structure of the bodice just gives her an "old" feel. If that makes sense.

I think she needs to go for some dramatic music. She seems to use fairly even keeled somewhat monotone pieces. I'd like to see her try Scheherazade or something similar. Even a tango might be nice for her.

^^^
good post! I'm sure Wang or some other top designer could do it, but can the Flatt family afford it?

Her coach should let her skate to different tunes with her own movements and see which ones look the best for her. Some Puccini, maybe, but not Tosca.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I think Rachel is a nice skater,but her team probablly needs to reinvent her after worlds. I'm guessing they finally figured it out since she is going back to her old program, which is better than this years, but imo, still too esoteric.I do love and respect her jumps. It is almost impossible to land all those triples in comp so much. She is a lucky girl...

Nigel

On the Ice
^^^
good post! I'm sure Wang or some other top designer could do it, but can the Flatt family afford it?

Her coach should let her skate to different tunes with her own movements and see which ones look the best for her. Some Puccini, maybe, but not Tosca.

It's the beginning of Fashion Week in NYC. Maybe there is a young designer there who would be willing to take on the challenge of a design for Rachael! ;)

flying camel

Medalist
It's the beginning of Fashion Week in NYC. Maybe there is a young designer there who would be willing to take on the challenge of a design for Rachael! ;)

I thought the new SP dress she wore at 4C was very nice. It looks a 100 % better to me.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I thought the new SP dress she wore at 4C was very nice. It looks a 100 % better to me.

I loved the SP dress too. I thought it looked very flattering on her. The dress, hair and makeup presented a very nice look for Rachael..