Takahito Mura | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Takahito Mura

hamaguri

Record Breaker
According to THE ICE reports, Mura's FS is another Cirque de Soleil program. It might be "O" or a mixture of various music including "O".
Flamenco guitar in the first half (? I have no idea what "O" is about)

It seems like he's still in peak form. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned about that :unsure:

Mura’s peaking is my biggest concern about him:unsure:… Yeah, he was in pretty good shape at Nagaoka, landing quad and huge 3A…In my memory, all jumps in 2 programs were stable. Not only jumps, but movements overall..
But we all know about his last season… This season’s battle will be much tougher than last year’s both in national and international.
(Anyway, I’m glad his new FP has respectively good reputation:).)

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Mura’s peeking is my biggest concern about him:unsure:… Yeah, he was in pretty good shape at Nagaoka, landing quad and huge 3A…In my memory, all jumps in 2 programs were stable. Not only jumps, but movements overall..
But we all know about his last season… This season’s battle will be much tougher than last year’s both in national and international.
(Anyway, I’m glad his new FP has respectively good reputation:).)

I feel you. But we should stop being concerned for him because I just remembered that Mura peaking or not has nothing to do with how he does at competitions :laugh: :bang:
-------

An article on Mura's customized earphones.
http://getnavi.jp/5491
He says Yuzuru convinced him to have one made too! Peer pressure?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I feel you. But we should stop being concerned for him because I just remembered that Mura peaking or not has nothing to do with how he does at competitions :laugh: :bang:
-------

An article on Mura's customized earphones.
http://getnavi.jp/5491
He says Yuzuru convinced him to have one made too! Peer pressure?

or bad influence considering how much some of those earphones cost :laugh:

roma

On the Ice
Mura skated to his FS yesterday (but I don't know the music). I think it's only a part of it, though, coz there were only 4 jumping passes that I can remember with an awesome 4T to start it with. I did like it a lot, music, costume and performance... that he showed yesterday even if it wasn't in full.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Mura skated to his FS yesterday (but I don't know the music). I think it's only a part of it, though, coz there were only 4 jumping passes that I can remember with an awesome 4T to start it with. I did like it a lot, music, costume and performance... that he showed yesterday even if it wasn't in full.

sounds promising !! and its choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle!! i cant wait to see it, videos please!! :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist

Oh, thank you for report. I read other people's reports saying that it's Cirque de Soleil's music and there's definitely "O" in it in with the birds chirping (same as Akiko's).

Interspectator

Record Breaker

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I like it, but costume is ...

And it seems he wants to up his technical content too

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i didnt like the costume too :laugh: but i really enjoyed the program :love: cant wait to see it at competition :cheer: and i agree that he needs to perform it better, i am sure he will once he gets use to it :yay:

mikaboo

Medalist
I like the program so far. Nice work Jeff.
Mura said that he still has to get his costume/s made in an interview not so long ago so it could be a temporary shirt. But I hated his Carmen and POTO costumes so I won't hold my breath for new ones :p
Is he ready to bring out the 4S in competition? :think:
He might want to stick to just the 4T for now, but he'll need something that Shoma doesn't have to get the 2nd spot at Worlds.

firal

Record Breaker
A new TV program aired today, focusing on the coming season with Mura and his session with Charlie White. He mentioned that he injured both of his feet(ankles) after winning Skate Canada last year due to practicing jumps; he realized that he doesn't have much left if the jumps are not there, therefore he wants to focus this season on the completeness of the programs, not just the jumps. He also did some ballet training (you can see Marin Honda there too! Also together when they filmed him shopping for training gear :biggrin:) Apparently the step sequence in the program is very difficult.

But more than anything, it features a terrifying(?) :p promo shot of him in a possible costume...I have no words.

yude

Record Breaker
What happened to Mura? :shocked:

I like a person who challenges himself though :biggrin: Good luck to him!!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I adore Mura as a singles skater but often wonder with his strength and solid frame how he would have fared in Pairs.
Anyway, very excited about his new programs. Hoping to see him fully healed, healthy and performing strong at Skate America.

Regarding his prospective costume :laugh2: ...just awesome~

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Holy mother of figure skating fashion......:shocked: