Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Arawen

Final Flight

Mahanson34

Rinkside
Right at about 1:30, just as they are getting on the podium, she touches his leg and he rubs her sides. Even then they can't not touch! It's also interesting that a few seconds later he leans down and kisses Maria on the third-place podium. What a class act. [emoji3]

skatefan02

On the Ice
Right at about 1:30, just as they are getting on the podium, she touches his leg and he rubs her sides. Even then they can't not touch! It's also interesting that a few seconds later he leans down and kisses Maria on the third-place podium. What a class act. [emoji3]

That's not Maria, it's Caydee Denney from the US.

Nessie

On the Ice
{that was... weird. but good kind of weird. I LOVE fanfiction. I used to read and write a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction when I was in Junior High.
It's just weird to read about REAL people. they're like real life OTP. }

Oops, I didn't realize it would seem weird. I didn't even realize I was writing fan-fiction. I've heard of that of course, but never really thought about what it was. I was just fooling around and shouldn't be fooling around at work. And I'm far behind in checking out all the pictures and videos. But continued thanks to those who translate and to those who scout out all the material. It's a lot of work!

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
{that was... weird. but good kind of weird. I LOVE fanfiction. I used to read and write a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction when I was in Junior High.
It's just weird to read about REAL people. they're like real life OTP. }

Oops, I didn't realize it would seem weird. I didn't even realize I was writing fan-fiction. I've heard of that of course, but never really thought about what it was. I was just fooling around and shouldn't be fooling around at work. And I'm far behind in checking out all the pictures and videos. But continued thanks to those who translate and to those who scout out all the material. It's a lot of work!

Oh no don't get me wrong. it was a compliment!! You really managed to show their real personalities and possible (and hilarious) answers. :) I really enjoyed it. you should come up with moree! :biggrin:

Nessie

On the Ice
Good, I'm glad. I was trying to capture something of them but I'm really in the dark. It's sheer guesswork. But I do think they both have a great sense of humor and I suspect he is tremendously tender with her.
AND Max probably has many sweet and wacky nicknames for her.

eli60056

On the Ice

You are right, I missed the touching entirely! Well...

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Welcome skatefan02!

I'll have to watch again. I just skipped ahead to the part that they switched medals to make sure. I think Tanya was single by now. I love the pic that Yulia, one of the show managers, posted a day or two ago outside the bus while they were traveling between cities. His hand on her hip is just so casual and adorable.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. Hangover? Car sickness? http://instagram.com/p/nKxHt3uVRh/

kinoriH

Final Flight
Good, I'm glad. I was trying to capture something of them but I'm really in the dark. It's sheer guesswork. But I do think they both have a great sense of humor and I suspect he is tremendously tender with her.
AND Max probably has many sweet and wacky nicknames for her.

they really are so sweet to each other. And I'd love to know how they name each other when they're entirely by themselves. <3 :love:
But in all honesty, I don't buy their "we never fight off ice" thing. It's just impossible to imagine that they never had a "serious" fight over the last 4 year they know each other.
And with a complex guy like Max (though I ADORE this in him) , even someone like Tanya must get angry or somewhat irritated... imagine her getting angry... lol I don't think her voice can even stand in a shout. LOL she's so soft spoken.

eli60056

On the Ice
There is something I have always wondered. Since they are such good friends with Lambiel, what language do they use to speak with him. Their English, while serviceable, is not so good as to allow for nuances of meaning. And I would think that with real friends one tends to go deeper into a conversation than their command of English would allow.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
There is something I have always wondered. Since they are such good friends with Lambiel, what language do they use to speak with him. Their English, while serviceable, is not so good as to allow for nuances of meaning. And I would think that with real friends one tends to go deeper into a conversation than their command of English would allow.

I'm pretty sure they speak English based on some videos Stephan has posted. I like when they are on international tours bc they tend to post more in English also :)
Exhibit A: http://instagram.com/p/a5O_CxICZD/#

And while Tanya is soft spoken I bet she can really bring down the law if anyone makes her mad. I bet she can get feisty!

kinoriH

Final Flight

I thought the same! But maybe when there are no cameras around they are more relaxed and can speak more freely. I myself used to never be able to speak English in front of my classmates in high shool even though I'm not bad. :) I guess when it's just Stephan and them alone it's much easier. Plus Stephan is a sweet guy and I'm sure he has a lot of patience and he often helps them get their words out.

skatefan02

On the Ice

That's a good question. I think I read somewhere that Max said he tweets a lot of other athletes and people he doesn't talk to in person.. maybe they all use Google translate too... :slink:

And yet some gestures transcend language barriers, so I'm sure Lambiel communicates well enough with them when he goes to cheer them on and they hang out in bars, etc. Even if their English isn't 100% perfect, they seem to be able to understand it well enough. And in casual conversation, one doesn't need to think of a perfect reply on the spot like in an interview situation, so I'm sure they get their meanings across. It's also harder to actually speak than understand. :eek::

Besides, even if two people speak English, there are still cultural nuances that one only learns over time. :) (thinking of Brits and Americans, or even among Europeans)

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Based on Instagram posts Max understands the English language and several slang phrases quite well. I'm sure it comes much easier when cameras aren't around and you aren't being asked the same silly dating questions all the time. Their interviews after the Olympic performances came out quite smooth as well.

Arawen

Final Flight
I think too when there are no cameras around they are more comfortable with speaking English.

Haha Stephane´s video of Maxim in his "carousel" :laugh: Sometimes I wonder if Tanya is his girlfriend or actually his babysitter, a babysitter for someone 3 years older than herself :laugh:

annafer

On the Ice
But in all honesty, I don't buy their "we never fight off ice" thing. It's just impossible to imagine that they never had a "serious" fight over the last 4 year they know each other.
It's hard to believe it, but I can picture it because of Tanya's character. She's pretty smart and she knows how to manage him and his tantrums. And off the ice I don't see Maxim yelling at his 'sunlight'. Maybe it's like what the Eurosport guys said "whatever she wants she can probably get".

As for their English, they speak very well in the Japanese fan meeting video so I guess there's no problem in communicating with Stephane. I like Tanya's English, if only he would let her speak more LOL.

This photo is so sweet
http://www.no.oskol-news.ru/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/v4.jpg

And looks like they'll have their vacation sometime in May:
http://m.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743732376.html

orangella96

Final Flight
That'll be great if they can take a vacation. They really look tired on their recent pictures.
Oh and it was so great to read that they'll definitely take part in the next season :) :party:

Arawen

Final Flight
Wonder if they will celebrate Tanya´s birthday somewhere else. I hope they go to Mauritius or the Maldives :biggrin: