Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 237 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Arawen

Final Flight
I hope they will be practicing more difficult elements, I think that´s needed for the next season :popcorn:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I hope they will be practicing more difficult elements, I think that´s needed for the next season :popcorn:

They might do 4Tw (Max said they were doing those before his surgery)–but they can still get a lot of points for their 3Tw4, and they're probably going to add 3FTh and 3T+2T+2T (wish it were 3T+3T though).

AnaBM

Rinkside
They might do 4Tw (Max said they were doing those before his surgery)–but they can still get a lot of points for their 3Tw4, and they're probably going to add 3FTh and 3T+2T+2T (wish it were 3T+3T though).

I would love to see that 4Tw! Even if it seems unlikely now :no:.
I'm really looking forward to their comeback, pairs this season has been quite... boring? Don't get me wrong, I like to see this new elements and the chinese couples and T/M are :love: but there has not been much competition for the first places (D/R clearly had the lead and S/K were not really a threat IMO).

So I hope that with them (and Savchenko/Massot, Stolbova/Klimov's tech upgrade, Tarasova/Morozov's quad twist and of course the rising of more chinese pairs -cause I'm sure they'll keep growing-) things get more interesting :popcorn:.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
They're layouts are probably going to be this:

SP
*3Tw4
*3T
*3LoTh or 3FTh
* BoDs
*4Li
*PCCoSp3P
*StSq

FS
*3Tw4 (maybe 4Tw?)
*3S
*3T+2T+2T
*FiDs (FoDs? Level 4 is a whole point more.)
*FCCoSp3P
*3FTh
*ChSq
*3LoTh
*5xLi
*5xLi
*3/4Li

AnaBM

Rinkside
They're layouts are probably going to be this:

SP
*3Tw4
*3T
*3LoTh or 3FTh
* BoDs
*4Li
*PCCoSp3P
*StSq

FS
*3Tw4 (maybe 4Tw?)
*3S
*3T+2T+2T
*FiDs (FoDs? Level 4 is a whole point more.)
*FCCoSp3P
*3FTh
*ChSq
*3LoTh
*5xLi
*5xLi
*3/4Li

OMG... I don't know if this easy to determinate but you just left me shocked :jaw: thanks a lot!
(And I cannot avoid to laugh at your icon btw, sorry :laugh:)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
OMG... I don't know if this easy to determinate but you just left me shocked :jaw: thanks a lot!
(And I cannot avoid to laugh at your icon btw, sorry :laugh:)

Lol Well, most of it is elements they've done before, and then I just added their possible upgraded elements (4Tw, 3T+2T+2T, and 3FTh). I wish they'd work on the lift take-offs because his feet are little scratchy sometimes. :)

And don't worry; Scotty is used to being laughed at. :p

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
I know Tanya can do a 3-3 combo but I don't know about Max. But again, if he can do a 3 lutz I'm sure he can pull off any combination. :)

a 3T-3T-2T combination would be out of this world, espicially because it's so rare to see any pair team doing it not in sequence.
I don't care much about quads- throws or twist, but if I had to choose one I'd choose the twist for V/T cause the risk for ingury is much smaller for the lady. We just need to pray that Maxim's shoulder heals well and hope they SLAY next season. :) :cheer:

HermioneG

On the Ice
Yes, Max can jump all triples (I have heard that he even jumped 3A when he was younger, but not now)
but it doesn't mean that he can jump combinations (he told that Tanya can jump 3-3 but he can't so it's not an option for them, at the same time he said he can jump all the triples but Tanya can't the others exept they jump now, so it's also useless).
I hope Max's shoulder will be OK for twist. I also dream about 4Tw fot them. (and it's a bit sad they didn't need it before in competition, when they could do it) But he said during WCh they will not try it till summer (earlier Mozer said they want his musculs become completely ready for twist before they will begin to work on it - maybe because of technique, so I don't think there is something to worry about).

kinoriH

Final Flight
Yes, Max can jump all triples (I have heard that he even jumped 3A when he was younger, but not now)

Imagine them doing SBS 3A together! DREAM! haha. :)

Wait, so max can jump all triples (except for 3A), but only as single jumps? that's a pity.. :(

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
but it doesn't mean that he can jump combinations (he told that Tanya can jump 3-3 but he can't so it's not an option for them, at the same time he said he can jump all the triples but Tanya can't the others exept they jump now, so it's also useless).
I hope Max's shoulder will be OK for twist. I also dream about 4Tw fot them. (and it's a bit sad they didn't need it before in competition, when they could do it) But he said during WCh they will not try it till summer (earlier Mozer said they want his musculs become completely ready for twist before they will begin to work on it - maybe because of technique, so I don't think there is something to worry about).
Aww, it's a shame their skillsets don't match up. :no: If they were younger, I could see them learning each other's jumps (and eventually having both 3T-3T and 3Lz), but it's probably too much to dream about at this point.

Though I must say, from a personal enjoyment standpoint: I don't really care much about the SBS jumps, and whether it's toe, salchow, or lutz. It feels more like a singles trick, since the only thing that it owes to pairs is the synchronization. Whereas with every other pair element--lift, twist, death spiral, throw, ect.--there truly needs to be cooperation from both partners (even SBS spins--because they are much harder to sync than a jump). I like pairs mainly for the throws and twists, which are just as high-risk as the jumps, but unique to pairs.

In light of that, I'm more excited about the potential 4Tw, if Maxim's shoulder can heal in time.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
10x eli60056 and HermioneG for the many details.

tati's 3t3t

https://youtu.be/gObNMbc-aLQ

Oh, wow! I don't think I've ever seen that before! I think if they worked hard (which they already do), they could do it. Or if they could upgrade the sbs Salchow to a flip or something.

But I too hope they - and I trust that they are - are waiting until his shoulder is properly healed and don't push too hard.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I was bored so I'm matching music to Tatiana and Max's programs, and Yuzu's Romeo and Juliet music matches fairly well with their 2012-2013 LP! There's actually some nice, romantic moments that work! :)

kinoriH

Final Flight
I was bored so I'm matching music to Tatiana and Max's programs, and Yuzu's Romeo and Juliet music matches fairly well with their 2012-2013 LP! There's actually some nice, romantic moments that work! :)
‏ speaking of atching music.. Type "Nostalgia" by Yanni on youtube and try watching it with Lipnitskaia's LP from TEB this year. It fits PERFECTLY. :)

AnaBM

Rinkside

I just saw this and OMG :shocked: it's such a creepy coincidence (not creepy but it really fits so perfectly that is scary, simply wow). There are parts that seem made on purpose: the twist, the jumps, the lifts, the step sequence... is madness!
Even my sister who doesn't like pairs at all (but for some reason likes this program) said that it fit better and captured the moment more than their actual music :rolleye:.
Thanks MAXSwagg for the recomendation :agree:.