Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 235 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

AnaBM

Rinkside
I've read in some FSU threads that Maxim said while commenting at Worlds that they are planning to add the throw 3F and 3T+2T+2T in the LP. Does anybody know if this is true?

HermioneG

On the Ice
I've read in some FSU threads that Maxim said while commenting at Worlds that they are planning to add the throw 3F and 3T+2T+2T in the LP. Does anybody know if this is true?

Yes, he said it. And they skated in ArtOnIce with 3loTh and 3fTh (all 3f were 2footed, but it was after just 2 weeks of trainings and with minor injury of Tanya's leg - on photos her leg was taped). And as I remember in one Sochi local TV in october there was a short part of SP with planned 3fTh.
Also he told that they did 4Tw in trainings before injury, but now he dreams about 3Tw.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

If you scroll through Max's Instagram there's a video of them doing a great 3FTh.

AnaBM

Rinkside
Yes, he said it. And they skated in ArtOnIce with 3loTh and 3fTh (all 3f were 2footed, but it was after just 2 weeks of trainings and with minor injury of Tanya's leg - on photos her leg was taped). And as I remember in one Sochi local TV in october there was a short part of SP with planned 3fTh.
Also he told that they did 4Tw in trainings before injury, but now he dreams about 3Tw.

OMG that sounds so amazing! Thank you both for answering, I'm really excted to see them next season and I was wondering if they would upgrade their tech contect after this season's madness, I love D/R but I wouldn't like to see another season dominated by them :slink:.
And wooow for the quad :party:, I always thought that if a team could do a proper one (appart from the chinese) would be them. Sad they won't be able to do it soon, health is first of course, but maybe in a future?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
New interview with Maxim. He talks about how the level of pair skating was very low in this WC.
Well, what is he talking about? :confused: The level of this year's Pairs competition was just amazing: throw quads, quad twists, sbs lutzes, many clean FSs (just think about Sui/Han and Tarasova/Morozov!), both young energy (again, Sui/Han) and mature passion (we all know who I'm talking about :love: )...

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Well, what is he talking about? :confused: The level of this year's Pairs competition was just amazing: throw quads, quad twists, sbs lutzes, many clean FSs (just think about Sui/Han and Tarasova/Morozov!), both young energy (again, Sui/Han) and mature passion (we all know who I'm talking about :love: )...

I love him together with Tatiana, he is such a gentleman with her, but I don't like his personality too much. Sometimes he seems arrogant. The level this year was amazing, we had some quad twist and also quad throws, so I don't get what is his problem....Did he ever performed quad throw or quad twist in his program? I don't say he and Tania are bad skaters, they are amazing but they don't perform any type of quad so if he thinks this level was low,it's really easy. He can come back next season and start doing not just one quad in a FP, two quads will be better.

HermioneG

On the Ice
I love him together with Tatiana, he is such a gentleman with her, but I don't like his personality too much. Sometimes he seems arrogant. The level this year was amazing, we had some quad twist and also quad throws, so I don't get what is his problem....Did he ever performed quad throw or quad twist in his program? I don't say he and Tania are bad skaters, they are amazing but they don't perform any type of quad so if he thinks this level was low,it's really easy. He can come back next season and start doing not just one quad in a FP, two quads will be better.
He told a lot what he doesn't like in pair skating now. Many times when he commented WCh he told that he doesn't like that many pairs work much more on jump elements (jumps and throws) but not on pair elements (lifts and parallel spins - he thinks many mistakes on these elements are because pairs just don't spent enought time working on it). Also he told a lot about many pairs prefer to do something like standard lifts which is enought for level 4 than to create some new lifts (it takes a lot of time and doesn't give points). Also he said a lot about he thinks that pair skating is about skating in synch, using holds (not just hand-to-hand as many do) and so on, with good lines and it also takes a lot of time. He said he see that most of pairs prefer to work not on that but on quads. So, he tolked mostly not about technique but about skating. (And he told a lot of good things about P/T skating - something like "this is WHAT real pair skating is", "it's a pity this kind of skating is disappearing").
Interesting thing he told about quad throw - that it's much easily to learn when triple throws aren't hight and distant, like DR or KS has (about 3FTh of DR he sain several times something like "Erik just doesn't prevent Megan to jump - I almost don't see a difference between her throws and jumps"). And these teams do quad throws from extremely slow entrance - so it interups program. And those teams who do triple throws like for half of rink, work on quads rarely or don't work at all because in this technique quads are extremely dangerous, much more dangerouse than for pairs with small throws ( here he mentioned chinese pairs - girls often get injuries working on quads and most of pairs stopped trying quads after that). And he said that is the reason why he will never throw Tanya for quad - because it's too dangerous to do in their technique.

saray

Rinkside
10x HermioneG for give us so many details. max is right. my eyes only liked tarasova/morosov and pang/tong; flying from element to element isn't beautiful pair skating. i take a 3 throw over half rink to a not aesthetic 4 throw any day, it requires same effort from both partners as the 4 throw and is looking better.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
He told a lot what he doesn't like in pair skating now. Many times when he commented WCh he told that he doesn't like that many pairs work much more on jump elements (jumps and throws) but not on pair elements (lifts and parallel spins - he thinks many mistakes on these elements are because pairs just don't spent enought time working on it). Also he told a lot about many pairs prefer to do something like standard lifts which is enought for level 4 than to create some new lifts (it takes a lot of time and doesn't give points). Also he said a lot about he thinks that pair skating is about skating in synch, using holds (not just hand-to-hand as many do) and so on, with good lines and it also takes a lot of time. He said he see that most of pairs prefer to work not on that but on quads. So, he tolked mostly not about technique but about skating. (And he told a lot of good things about P/T skating - something like "this is WHAT real pair skating is", "it's a pity this kind of skating is disappearing").
Interesting thing he told about quad throw - that it's much easily to learn when triple throws aren't hight and distant, like DR or KS has (about 3FTh of DR he sain several times something like "Erik just doesn't prevent Megan to jump - I almost don't see a difference between her throws and jumps"). And these teams do quad throws from extremely slow entrance - so it interups program. And those teams who do triple throws like for half of rink, work on quads rarely or don't work at all because in this technique quads are extremely dangerous, much more dangerouse than for pairs with small throws ( here he mentioned chinese pairs - girls often get injuries working on quads and most of pairs stopped trying quads after that). And he said that is the reason why he will never throw Tanya for quad - because it's too dangerous to do in their technique.
Ok, if that was like that I must say sorry to him, for being too harsh. I agree P/T are what the real pair skating is. I don't care about points so much, but they were definitely best in my eyes this year. And I think Megan and Eric are the perfect example. They work on their quads and lutz. But then only thing they do is quad throw and lutz. Their performance is just lutz. It is not so clean and beautiful as P/T or V/T, or any chinese couple. Not real FIGURE skating for me. As for other Chinese couples: I think S/H will be better and better in a time, they will become more elegant with better performance skills. Peng/Zhang are already very good in the second mark, and also Yu/Jin will be more and more elegant when they will get some more international senior experience.