Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 292 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

saray

Rinkside
You still want them to skate? Apparently they were NOT training well. Not ready. Not focused. Nothing. ugly skate tonight. Very ugly and embarrassing.
It is delusion to think they can skate well again.
only thing ugly and embarrassing is your post

TatiMax

On the Ice
I am very puzzled by this statement, especially coming from someone who claims to be a fan. They had a very bad night, and yes, he was injured recently and after that they struggled in training. With some more recovery time and 6 months between now and the beginning of the fall season there's every reason to think they can and will skate a lot better than this again- just like they did only 2 months ago at Europeans. If anything, perhaps they should have withdrawn from this competition and taken a bit more time to heal, but there is absolutely no reason to think they can't recover from this and do better, just like they did all season.

It wasn't a melt down. Not a "mistake" they had a melt down in 2012. Today was bad skating in general with no form of champions. They clearly cannot remain on top. Impossible.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Maybe you'd be more comfortable with sharing your opinions in the competition thread, where some people might actually be inclined to agree with you. I don't think they are appropriate for a fan fest.

Last edited:

TatiMax

On the Ice
Maybe you'd be more comfortable with sharing your opinions in the competition thread, where some people might actually be so bad spirited as to agree with you. I don't think they are appropriate for a fan fest.

I am telling this because I am their fan
People don't believe it when they pass their peak. They delude themselves they can still be the same.
I don't want them to embarrass themselves any more.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I am telling this because I am their fan
People don't believe it when they pass their peak. They delude themselves they can still be the same.
I don't want them to embarrass themselves any more.
you mean embarrassing for you :rolleye:

lucyagogo

On the Ice
I'm so sorry for today guys. i love Tati and Max and no matter what they're still champions. It was not their day whatsoever, but we all know what they're capable of and they deserve RESPECT! they have given us countless hours of joy and pride, one bad skate and competition should not erase that.... Hugs to all.

whatif

Medalist
I can see where Tati/Max is coming from. They need better tech goods to be competitive when everyone goes clean. Perhaps they should re-think. Even Aljona looks more competitive for the future.

TatiMax

On the Ice
I'm so sorry for today guys. i love Tati and Max and no matter what they're still champions. It was not their day whatsoever, but we all know what they're capable of and they deserve RESPECT! they have given us countless hours of joy and pride, one bad skate and competition should not erase that.... Hugs to all.

They have given us countless hours of joy that's for sure I am sad they can't do it anymore but this is life. They need to think about future of their family. Skating is a chapter of their lives.

aceiel

Rinkside
Dude seriously so many of us are really broken hearted rn the last thing we need is someone saying they were ugly and embarassing. I am PROUD to be a fan of theirs regardless of what happened tonight. There were mistakes, and it may be a huge setback, yes, but remember they were wonderous at the Europeans and these things can happen. They have had an absolutely incredible record (and have skated worse in previous contests before? See: 2012 GPF where they had to stop mid combination spin) too remember.
They're still our Tatiana and Maxim, and no result can take that away. No mistakes can take that away. If you start giving up on them just like that then I don't really know what to say to you.

They have given us beautiful programs this season, and I am so thankful for that. Now I am just waiting on their comments and what they want to do next, and I will support them on whatever course of action they choose to take. I still can't help but feel upset currently, but I wont count them completely 100% out. One bad contest doesn't decide their current condition considering how good they were at a contest a couple of months ago. We're all in shock rn, but i'd have a sleep on it before you start saying such things.

TatiMax

On the Ice
If this was 2012 wouldn't be important. Stolbova and Klimov Sui and Han did mistakes but they still have time and stamina to improve.
What Tatiana and Maxim did were not mistakes it is an indication that their level has dropped because they cannot physically or mentally compete at this high level of competition as before. This is life no one remains on top in any sport forever!

saray

Rinkside
If this was 2012 wouldn't be important. Stolbova and Klimov Sui and Han did mistakes but they still have time and stamina to improve.
What Tatiana and Maxim did were not mistakes it is an indication that their level has dropped because they cannot physically or mentally compete at this high level of competition as before. This is life no one remains on top in any sport forever!
maybe you should start be a fan of other pair; you are bothering the real tat and max fans; we understand your opinion you don't have to write it hundred times.

Dina

Spectator
I think they are still able to compete at a high level. Just look at how beautiful they skated at Europeans. It would be a great loss if they retired now because their skating and their programmes are wonderful and so artistic...that doesn't change because of one bad day. Maybe they were thrown off because of the scoring in the SP and they let this get to them.

orangella96

Final Flight

I kind of get your point, and of course no one is able to be on top forever. I just don't get how or why you read so much, for example them never being able to compete on top ever again, into this one failed performance. All we do here is basically speculate an no one really knows what was going on inside of them just before and during the skate, and what really caused their lack of energy today. And I strongly doubt you saying that it was embarassing, ugly and basically sh*t shows you're a good fan, even if you mean no harm it's just wrong. Then one should better say nothing at all...

Sfey

On the Ice
I hope they give themselves time to calm down and recover and they don't make any decisions either way while they are still hurting and not thinking rationally. Apparently they haven't talked to the press yet and that's probably wise.

TatiMax

On the Ice
I kind of get your point, and of course no one is able to be on top forever. I just don't get how or why you read so much, for example them never being able to compete on top ever again, into this one failed performance. All we do here is basically speculate an no one really knows what was going on inside of them just before and during the skate, and what really caused their lack of energy today. And I strongly doubt you saying that it was embarassing, ugly and basically sh*t shows you're a good fan, even if you mean no harm it's just wrong. Then one should better say nothing at all...

I shouldnt have said that sorry :(

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think everybody needs to calm down. Look at how they competed at Euros? It was pretty good.

They could be tired, maybe trained too much and were not ready for it, after all they had a year off, injuries. And it's not like they have something to prove. If anything, they could come back stronger next year, or maybe stop skating altogether. They came back because they want to skate, and we have to treasure that. There's nothing else we can do from here.

I just want to add that even skating clean I could see a chance of them not even making to the podium. There's nothing for them to do now other than go home, relax and train for the next season.

Sfey

On the Ice
It's understandable that everyone is feeling upset right now, and that leads everyone to say things out of emotion. Realistically, one bad skate doesn't mean a career is over, far from it. D/R had a bad skate at the Olympics and it fired them up. Pang/Tong hung on and they weren't really competitive at the end of their career (though didn't they come 4th at the Olympics?), but they kept going because they wanted to. V/T are in a slightly different position because they've won everything, but that doesn't mean they can't find the motivation to continue if they really want it. If they don't, that's heir decision too. It would be disappointing for me as a fan if they did retire now because I wouldn't want that to be their last skate, but c'est la vie. If they continue, great. Either way I'll respect their decision.

On a personal note, as disappointed as I am, I'm surprised by how calmly I'm responding to this. I'm dealing with disappointment in my personal life at the moment (disheartening job search), and I think I'd subconsciously pinned my hopes on V/T, like "if they can do it, maybe I can." Now it's like "if they can fail and deal with the disappointment, so can I." So thanks, V/T. :)