The Best Triple Axel ( Ladies ) | Golden Skate

The Best Triple Axel ( Ladies )

Who has/had the best Triple Axel

• Total voters

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Let's see now, who in your opinion has/had the best Triple Axel.

If I forgot someone who in your opinion has landed an amazing Triple Axel, vote Others and leave a reply!

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmmmm I am not sure who to vote for, the only one I saw LIVE was Kimmie's and underrotated or not I thought it was awesome...

but Midori and Tonya's were impressive on TV, so I've no clue.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Hard to choose between Midori Ito and Mao Asada. Ito probably had the most explosive 3A done by women. But Mao has more consistent and "prettier" axel.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No contest at all. Midori Ito, hands down, is the best! :bow::love:

Tonya Harding really had her moments with the jump, but she was nowhere as consistent with it as Midori was, IMO. They both had the most powerful 3Axel attempts for the women.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
There's no doubt that Mao's and Midori's are the best! Yukari's is also very nice, but I think she needs more height to make it better and, in some ocassions, to complete the revolutions.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I think that Midori's in a league of her own here. Her and Tonya had enormous triple axels that were easily as good as (and sometimes better than) the Men's attempts - and that includes the men now!

Ito was more consistent than Harding though so she wins for that.

Moa's trilpe axel is impressive but it doesn't have the sheer power or height and length that Ito got.

Ant

Hanaka

Rinkside
Torn between Midori"s and Mao's. Midori's 3A was powerful,impressive and breathtaking. It was a total WOW! On the other hand , Mao's 3A looks so light, easy and effortless. Even with 2T and Tano, it looks so easy and airy, and doesn't look like so difficult a jump as the one some of mens champions have to struggle with. Sometimes it looks as though it was just 2A.

Last edited:

dkyoun

Rinkside
Midori Ito absolutely!
She jumped forward with great speed and landed backward with full rotation. :bow:

lcd

Match Penalty
I voted for Midori, but poor Tanya. The one she did twice at Skate America in the fall of 2001 was pretty unbelievable. Sheer aggression. (How appropriate I suppose) but still, quite impressive. No hesitation whatsoever.