The "What If" Thread | Page 6 | Golden Skate

The "What If" Thread

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
How would today's skaters go under the old 6.0 scoring and yesteryear's under the new scoring system?

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
1. What if Gracie Gold had been able to compete a full season on the JGP instead of 1 comp?
2. What if Rachael Flatt had a consistently rotated 3-3 combo and went to Marina Zoueva for choreo/work on skating skills?
3. What if Kimmie Meissner was able to come back from injury and compete through the 2010 olympics?
4. What if Mariah Bell worked with Rohene for her FS this year?
5. What if Jason Brown had a consistent set of 2 or 3 quads?
6. What if Josh Farris had been able to continue competing injury free?

klutzy

On the Ice
What if Polina hadn't changed her boots? Would she have squeaked into a medals spot at 2016 Worlds (probably not)? Would she have been U.S. Champion last year and a favorite this year? She's skating the programs intended for 2016-2017. Would she have beaten Karen Chen last year?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
What if Bourne and Kraatz were scored fairly? Those bronzes would have been golds that is for sure.

mrrice

Record Breaker
What if Evgenia Medvedeva has an injury?

If Evgenia has an injury than someone would be "gifted" an OGM but, it would be a hollow victory in the eyes of most skating fans, including myself. Plus.....You always want to beat the best when you win a title.

MedoLove

On the Ice
I have much What if , ABOUT MAO .

what if Mao would have been eligible for Torino 2006? (she would have won the gold, obviously).
What if Mao's PCSs had been judged as she should during her career, she was obviously always under-scoring on her PCS.

What if Mao would have been mentally stable in Vancouver, without the sadness of her mother's illness) (that's very intimate, sorry).

What if mao had not failed in her Shochi's SP? or, on the contrary, even if she had failed, what would have happened if her FS had given the score she deserved: 150 or + (World Record). Because, sorry, her 3A was never UR, her stsq are amazing and again her PCS were rated with miserable scores.

I'M SORRY, I have not yet overcome this loss, I miss Mao so much.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What if the bus accident at JGP St. Gervais last year didn't happen?

Did anybody hear anything about the people involved since then?

I just looked up the two skaters, and although I can find results for Anna Tarusina from February onwards (see her fskate.ru profile), I can't find any results for Anželika Kļujeva since before the crash (see her Rink Results profile)

From what I remember, it was Tarusina that had the worse injuries.

So, has Kļujeva decided to stop competing of her own accord? Or, is it simply the case that any competitions she has been in have just managed to slip through Pål's net?

CaroLiza_fan

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
What if Yuna hadn't ditched Brian Orser?
What if Brian was Evgenia's coach instead?
What if Volosozhar/Trankov (basically) retired?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What if the USFSA had immediately switched to IJS after it was first put in place? 2004, I think. Would Michelle have won her 8th and 9th titles? Would it have helped her at 2005 Worlds?

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I sometimes think about who the OGMs would be had the IOC not changed the Winter Olympic years starting in 1994.
1996: Kwan, Kerrigan, or maybe even Yuka Sato might have competed for gold
2000: Kwan, Slutskaya, Lipinski, and Butyrskaya might have been the favorites
2008: Asada may have won gold
2012: Probably Yuna, Asada, and Caro would have been the contenders
2016: Probably Medvedeva would have won her first gold, but maybe Gracie and Julia L would have been contending.

Ding ding ding! :2thumbs:

You forgot Chen Lu in 1996. Otoh, would Lipinski's hips have lasted until 2000 to be a contender?

MedoLove

On the Ice
What if .... Sotnikova would have won gold at the World and European Championships before the Sochi Olympics?
(She was silver in both, but anyway ...)