Timothy Goebel journal update | Golden Skate

Timothy Goebel journal update

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The update letter said you should send questions to jimfair (the Contact us button on the website).

I asked whether Timothy had ever considered using the hinged boots that are working well for Rohene and Alissa.

They've got to help with the knees,back, and hips problems he's had.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm very sorry to hear his knees are bothering him. I'm glad to hear that he's "putting SA behind him" and just moving ahead with training and plans for TEB. I really like Tim, and it's been heartbreaking over the last couple years to see him struggle so much with physical problems that led to losing the jumps, etc.

I was also a little :cool: to see him be the second US man this season to gripe about COP. Especially the nature of his gripe related to point values for quads v. 3/3's. Considering he hasn't been able to land much of either lately....it just seemed a bit whiney to me. But that's probably nit-picking, as our friend Dick would say. ;)

ETA: We'll have to invite Tim to our Whine and Cheese party during Nationals!

DG

Last edited:
Triple / triples are not rewarded at all. You get so many points for each jump, whether they are in combination or not.

True, you have to do some kind of combination to make the most of your eight jumping passes. How about a quad / triple?

MM

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really felt sorry for Timmy at SA. I hope he can get his competitve spirit back like he had at the 2002 Olympics.

Dee